🍃Training🍃

The rest of the ceremony came and went quickly. The champions were welcomed to stay as long as they wanted in the castle, and were told that tomorrow they all would be paired up to train. Revali wasn't having as a good time as the other champions... and (Y/N) noticed this.

He was distant and silent for all the conversations they had with the others, but not in a shy manner. Soon after a few minutes of chit-chat, he made up an excuse to leave to "get some fresh air". (Y/N) decided to accompany him.

Now outside the castle, the couple sat down on the flight of stairs that lead down to the basement floors.

"I told you it wouldn't work." The Rito grunted, his electric green eyes met the Zonai's gaze piercing through (Y/N)'s.

"Well, I'm still glad you tried." (Y/N) smiled kindly, their kind look contrasting with the Rito's. "And hey, at least you've got me, right?"

"I suppose..." He sighed, and smiled ever so slightly. It was almost unnoticeable, but it was there.

They both sat there in silence for a few minutes before they decided to head home (and so did the rest of the champions).

The night came and went, and the sun rised early in the morning. (Y/N) stumbled out of bed, and quickly got ready for the day. As they walked back to the castle, (Y/N) found themselves lost in their thoughts

"Wonder why he doesn't like the others..." They pondered about Revali. But... their mind soon started to drift to other, more intrusive thoughts.

"His eyes were really pretty." The Zonai chuckled as they thought of last night. Their cheeks started to flush a deep shade of red as their thoughts rushed through their head. But before they knew it, the Zonai had arrived at the castle. It was still somewhat early, but most of the champions were here already. Urbosa and Mipha were chatting near the gardens, while Revali, who stood near the others, seemed lost in thought.

"Hey! Glad I'm not the last one to arrive!" (Y/N) chimed as they walked over to the group.

"Well look who's early." Urbosa smirked when she heard (Y/N).

Mipha smiled softly at the Zonai. "(Y/N)! Glad you made it. Did you sleep well?"

(Y/N) nodded, and joined the conversation. Yet... they noticed Revali stealing some glimpses at them from time to time. Specifically looking at (Y/N). Urbosa took notice of this, but didn't mention it...

After a few minutes, Daruk, Zelda, and Link finally arrived. The princess told us we would all be divided into partners to go train.

Urbosa and Daruk, Mipha and Link, and lastly (Y/N) and Revali. They were all sent to our partner's village (Urbosa and Daruk in Gerudo Desert, Mipha and Link in Zora's Domain, and (Y/N) and Revali to Rito Village).

"So... I'm excited to see you in action!" The zonai laughed softly, nudging Revali playfully.

"You should be." He replied pridefully. "I'm a master at the wind and the bow! You see, I'm able to generate gusts of wind..." Revali went on and on to brag about how useful and excellent his "gale" ability was. (Y/N) seemed to be truly paying attention to what the Rito was saying.

Meanwhile, Urbosa teased Mipha about being paired up with Link. She knew that Mipha had a big crush on the blonde knight, and loved to tease her about it.

"Well, we should all be on our way, shouldn't we?" Urbosa said as they all prepared to head out. "I'm sure someone's excited to train with a special someone, huh?" She nudged Mipha.

"Urbosa... you promised you wouldn't..." Mipha whispered, her cheeks blushing.

"I never promised anything, did I?" She chuckled.