🍃Sleep Tight🍃

-Narrator POV-

After what felt like ages passed, they both pulled away from the kiss.

"So that's a yes." (Y/N) joked playfully.

The couple stood together in silence for a few minutes, staring into eachothers eyes. (Y/N) still held Revali's waist gently, holding him close.

"Was I too bold...?" Revali asked, shamefully looking away. It was strange to see the usually cocky Rito in such a flustered and ashamed state. Well... not for (Y/N).

"No, no no! Don't worry about it... I loved it." The Zonai caressed his cheek softly.

Revali sighed in relief, turning back to face (Y/N).

"I enjoyed it too. But..."

"But?"

"Look, (Y/N)... I'm willing to give us a chance... with a condition." His expression quickly turned serious.

"And what may that be...?"

"We have to keep it a secret."

"Oh... uhm, sure?" (Y/N)'s ears tilted to the side with curiosity. "Why though?"

"I'm not ready for people to know... we're champions, we can't have weaknesses."

(Y/N) didn't really understand what he meant by that. Is love a weakness to him?

"Love isn't a weakness, love... but if you want it this way, I can work with that."

"Thank you..." He smiled with relief in his eyes.

"Now, I'm freezing my tail up here! Can we go back down? Please?" (Y/N) chuckled nervously.

(Y/N) quite literally shaking in their boots. They didn't put on any of their winter equipment aside from the boots, since they were in a hurry for obvious reasons.

"Oh, sure. wait did you call me love?"

Revali asked as the couple started walking back to the village.

"Uhm, yeah? Anything wrong with that?"

"No no! It's just... only when we're alone, okay?"

"Of course, my birdie." (Y/N) giggled, playfully nudging Revali.

"Oh my gosh that's so much worse."

"Well, too bad! It's staying!" The Zonai sprinted as fast as they could, trying to get on Revali's nerves.

"DON'T CALL ME BIRDIE EVER AGAIN." He shouted as he followed (Y/N).

"I LIKE IT AND IT'S STAYING!" They laughed.

—--

-Revali's POV-

"I really had a great time with you..." (Y/N)'s face flushed red, making them look oh so adorable.

"And I still can't believe I'm going through with this..." I grunted. "Love is sickening."

"Daw, c'mon. Don't be so moody." (Y/N) ruffled my feathers and kissed me on the cheek. Fuck, my face I warming up again. "They just had to make me blush again..."

"You're adorable when you blush, you know that?"

"Shut up..."

(Y/N) laughed slightly. "I should go now... I might have just left without a notice."

"Right... don't you ever do something that stupid again." I angrily pushed him.

"Oh, I'd do anything for you." (Y/N) smiled flirtatiously. "I swear they're doing this on purpose..."

"Shut it, (Y/N)..."

"Okay okay. I'll be on my way then." They shrugged and started walking away.

I should probably head back too. It's late, and it's gonna be a long week of training...

But just a few steps into the village, the quiet atmosphere was interrupted by the soft creaking of the wood stairs behind me. Quickly, I reached for my bow and aimed over to the source of the sound, expecting a monster. But it was just (Y/N).

"I see you have good reflects." (Y/N) chuckled awkwardly.

"You can't keep sneaking up on me like that!" I quietly yelled, putting away my bow. "It's the second time I almost shot you..."

"I know." They sighed. "It's just... it's really late, and I have to walk back, so..." (Y/N) cleared their throat. "Can I stay with you tonight?"

Stay with me...? "Can't you just stay at the inn?"

"I don't have a single rupee on me..." (Y/N) scratched the back of their hair awkwardly.

"Hm... alright, fine." I scoffed. "Come on now, hurry up." I pulled them by the hand quickly. I'm really exhausted, I haven't slept in days thanks to my training.

But maybe (Y/N) can help with that. As much as I hate to admit this... that night we stayed at the hut in the cave may have been one of the best sleeps I've had in my life...

As we went higher and higher up the stairs, my mind started to wander off slightly. Just the thought of sleeping with (Y/N) in the same bed gave me chills.

But soon enough, we arrived. My hut was the second highest one in the entire village, just beaten by the leader's hut.

"Nice place!" (Y/N) smiled as we walked in. "Ow..." I heard how they hit their head on the doorframe. Were they really that tall? I haven't asked that to myself before... but surely not! Right?

"You alright?"

"Yeah, just bonked my head... I forgot how small these huts are compared to the ones in my town." (Y/N) sighed and rubbed their head as we settled in.

I started to get changed (or rather get out of my armor, as I usually sleep in my undergarments), completely forgetting (Y/N) could be looking.

Now in nothing but my undergarments, I turned back to (Y/N), who had covered their eyes with their hands. "You done yet?" Their face was as red as a riping little strawberry.

"Mhm. You don't mind me sleeping like this, right?" I sat down next to my Zonai, leaning on them a little bit.

"O! N-No, not at all!" Wow... I've never gotten them so flustered to the point of stuttering. Cute...

"Good." I smiled gently. "Now... are you gonna sleep with all that armor on? I could lend you something to sleep, if you need."

(Y/N)'s flushed expression quickly changed to a mischievous one. "That can't be good..."

"Oh, no. Don't worry. I also don't wear much for sleep." (Y/N) chuckled. They suddenly took off their armor as fast as a lightning bolt.

"Oh God... how do they always manage to turn the table on me?!" My face flushed immediately when my eyes laid upon their soft, furry body.

"... Revali? You alright, love?" (Y/N) chuckled when they saw me in this state. "Don't tell me the almighty Rito champion got too flustered to speak when they saw me without my armor!" (Y/N) teased. They were not even as... uhm... uncovered as I was, and yet I'm the one blushing the most. I mean, at least they were wearing shorts instead of being in their underwear!

"S-Shut up! I'm too tired for this banter." I grunted and quickly got into my bed. "Let me sleep in peace."

"Heh." (Y/N) followed after me, laying next to me. They blew out the only candle that illuminated the hut. Finally...

"Good night, birdie."

"Sleep well, fluffy..." I'm so bad at coming up with nicknames, aren't I?"