⚠️ PLEASE READ

📢I have an announcement to make. 

I have decided to overwrite this bookwith a new modified version I have been working on recently. The old version is no longer available here. You will understand the reason once you read further.

WHY I DECIDED TO MODIFY?

You may wonder why I decided to modify this book. Answer is simple. I found a bunch of loopholes in my story. A lot of disconnections between the characters. Most of the scenarios were unclear.

I came with the idea of this story around late 2017. I was a reader then, and had no idea how to write. Mostly, I thought of making it a high school story. After writing a draft of my first chapter around mid 2018. I decided to make it a college story. But the real struggle started from right here. I had no idea how certain things work.

Had no real friends back then which is something I moved on from now. But you can tell where that disconnect in characters came from. Also, I didn't know that we can make fictional places in books. Hence, it was burdening for me to even decide a climate and an environment for my characters to reside.

Somehow, I finished with my book on 2021 and published it right here. Thought my work was done. 

Wrong.

Even after publishing my book, I had doubts. Something was missing. I followed the Read for Read and Vote for Vote policy of Wattpad which came out to be useless as the community no longer supported each other's work as it did before.

I had some people claiming to help point out mistakes in my story, and taking the role of an editor. But they were completely changing the scenario of the story, and were themselves a rookie writer with no knowledge of writing, just like me.

Further, I decided to take things in my own hands, some of my readers had pointed out about how rushed the story sounds, and that it was a little unintelligible. Which I believe. I read my story number of times. Pointed out what seems absurd and what seems hazy.

Remember, this is also the story that I came with back in 2017, and kept the same backbone to it until 2021. I realized how some of it was plain bullshit and unrealistic. Aim was to develop and get rid of toxicity. But there was no part of development scenario in the story or even acknowledgement of it. Just toxicity, then sudden change.

So, by mid 2023 with my newfound maturity, I started writing again. This time making sure it at least makes some sense to real life. Have my characters actually express their emotions. And not just accept what is happening with them.

Now, its 2024. And I have successfully accomplished one of my many resolutions by modifying (and currently editing) Should I Give Up?

You can refer to it as Should I Give Up? (Version 2)

WHAT CHANGES TO EXPECT FROM THIS UPDATE?

Well, there are several things that I have changed. Starting from how our leads developed their character to how other characters react to it. Though being side characters, they are involved in our leads life. If they are not involved the reasons will be clear and understandable, unlike in older version. Our main leads, will actually converse about their feelings, example: unsatisfied, unclear, hate, jealousy, regret, guilt, etc. Contrasting how they (especially Leona) were always understandable and acceptable of anything happening with them.

Here are some of things you will find in this newer version:

- fictional places and fictional social media

- more dialogue exchanges and details

- more involvement of side characters

- talking about feelings, either disregarding or accepting them

- characters with their flaws

- some changes in storyline and plots

I guess it will take around two or three months for me to update it here. Until then, I hope you find some other amazing books to read. But do read my modified version once I update it. Cause it is way better than the old version.

UPDATE:

Prolouge and Chapter 1-5 will be published on 13th May 2024.

Chapter 6-11 will be published on 17th May 2024.

Chapter 12-17 will be published on 21st May 2024.

Chapter 18-62 and Epilouge (to be declared)

Copyright © 2024 Axsen 

All Rights Reserved