Chapter 4

ʟᴇᴏɴᴀ 

The moment we step in our perfectly furnished apartment, we made decisions on our rooms. Mine was the one in left. While Venessa's was to the right. Unpacking our stuff, we got busy creating space for our personal belongings.

We both took a nap, being exhausted from our journey.

After what seems like an hour, I woke up to give my room a personal touch. Starting with my newly bought clothes and footwears. I prepared sections for them in the closet, depending on my needs.

Makeup and accessories inside dressing cabinet. Skincare products along with some utilities in the bathroom.

I laid down my books and academic materials on the study table, and set the lion toy at a corner. Gazing at one empty spot where I could have kept the picture of me with my parents, I heaved a sigh.

Once done with all arrangements, I backed off. Glancing around the room, attentively.

It had cream colored walls with super white decor. The bedsheet was blush in color. Plain and simple with a delicate and matching colored comforter. It had four big-sized cream-colored pillows and two small cushions. The study table came with a comfortably soft grey chair.

The long rectangular mirror had a thin led on its border, giving out warm-white light. A good view of the park behind our apartment was visible from the window near my study table.

With sandy wooden flooring having same plain walls as our rooms, the whole apartment gave out girly vibes.

We were situated on the 16th floor.

Feeling stiffness in my muscles, I stretched my arms. Discerning on drawing myself a bath. I retrieved a head cap, and I went inside the bathroom. Where I started pouring water into the bathtub.

After contriving a temperature on the water heater, I got a lavender flavored bath foam, and let it diffuse into the water.

Securing my hair in the cap, I got out of my clothes. Discarding them in a laundry basket. Then buried my bare body in the bubbly tub. 

Warmth of the water enveloped me, oozing my tensed self. Now, dipped in the tub, I pondered over my coming days.

In a few days, I will be attending college. I wonder how my impression will be amongst the students of UPreg. Will they find me approachable to talk to and make friends? Will there be people like Leila around me?

The bath was not helping me at all. Old thoughts were rushing over me continuously. I got out, and dried myself with my towel.

I heard knocked on my door. Covering myself with a light pastel blue bathrobe, I pulled it open to view Venessa in her usual attire. She was already in her plain white crop top and red comfy shorts.

"I am ordering a pizza... Want some?" She asked.

"Yes. I want a large one."

We were in dire need to satisfy our hunger. After a busy moving day, we didn't have time to make dinner. Luckily our pizzas arrived earlier than expected. And we were delighted like puppies.

I switched on the TV. Venessa lay opened the pizzas on the table. I went back, occupying a corner of the couch beside her. She picked her slice. Getting engrossed in the show that played. While my head was still overflowing with worries.

Venessa grabbed the remote, and muted the sounds. I gasped, turning towards her. Her brows raised at me, and I mirrored her. She tilted her head. With her greens pointed at me.

"What is it?" I decided to speak first. Then clumsily fiddled with my hair.

"I can sense you..." She folded her arms, shifting towards my direction.