Chapter 1

ʀʏᴀɴ

"Hey..." A husky sound made me blink open my eyes. 

"Morning... babe." She greeted in a dulcet voice.

I stared at her blue eyes which had a glimpse of sleepiness in them. Almost thought, I was looking back at Robin's beautiful blues.

My cousin placed a soft peck on her forehead, and whispered, "Good morning, beautiful..." 

And they started kissing each other passionately. Her platinum blondes, tickling his body as she dragged herself upon him.

I dwelled back in thoughts of Robin. Fuck, I missed her so much. Seeing my cousin get intimate with his girlfriend made me feel empty inside.

A smirk formed on the blonde as he seductively gazed her. Caressing his brown hairs, she whispered, "Jake... your eyes... They make me fall for you again and again." 

Gazing deeply into his hazels she massaged his head. And they captured each other on that couch. Again.

I don't know what I am doing here. We are not even that close to each other. I just came here with my grandfather. 

His mom is our distant relative. And I only got acquainted with him, like four or five years ago on our family vacation.

Grandpa suggested I join him at the party, while he was catching up with this distant aunt of mine and her husband. And now I am here, feeling like a total stranger.

Copyright © 2024 Axsen

Within a few minutes of stepping into this house, the party was in a full swing. Most of the people were from my cousin's high school. He was very well known by everyone here. Signs that he is related to me. I am quite popular in our school myself.

He introduced me to his friends and their girlfriends. The house was fully packed. Mainly with unknown population for me.

It sucked not having Robin by my side. So, I decided to go out to catch some air. Just when I reached the porch, I started reminiscing about Robin.

She was too perfect for me. I know she deserves better. A better guy than me. But I can see myself falling in love with her.

I sipped on the plastic cup that I bought along with me. The party music was booming in the background. Suddenly my eyes fell over the neighboring house.

A girl stood on the porch. She seems around our age, and her hairs were tied in a bun. Her face wasn't visible. She was just there in the dark, gloomily pondering over something.

The door of that house opened, and a small kid came running outside. 

"Lioness... Lioness..." He called, approaching near the girl. 

The girl suddenly started giggling. I observed the pair discussing something. Then disappear back into the house.

Copyright © 2024 Axsen

I wonder what was wrong with that girl? 

Why wasn't she at the party? And the way she was just there. Her mood completely changed when that kid came. That was one instantaneous change I ever witness in someone. Funny how he called her lioness.

And now I am lying on a bean bag, picturing the previous scenario of some random next-door girl. While my cousin was on the couch with his girlfriend above him.

Wish I had my phone with me now. It was so foolish of me to leave it back at my cousin's house. I could have just distracted myself by calling Nathan, while my cousin was getting too intimate with his girl.