Chapter 7

ʀʏᴀɴ

The party was rolling fine. I booked a nightclub as lots of the people were invited.

My boys invited almost everyone in Pregeuyton. They planned this perfectly for me, and I need to make sure this works. Meaning, no girl should approach me tonight. And Nathan took that responsibility.

Whenever some girl or girls came around my radar, Nathan popped up to my rescue. Shooing them away. He was taking his duty so seriously that he even scrammed away girlfriends of our other friends. But it was alright as they can get too jumpy and noisy when drunk.

So, everyone was getting wasted, and dancing to the music. Some people came and offered me drinks. But I rejected.

If I want to talk to Robin, I need to stay sober. Nathan was already trying his best to keep any female away from me.

Yes, I know. It seems too much. But if I am even talking to some girl and Robin sees me. Everything will go in vain. It will prove her right. That she is just like some other girl for me. Replaceable.

But she wasn't. And so, to convey my feelings properly. And convince Robin to give us another chance, I must take these precautions.

I have dreamt about our life together. And I want it to be true.

Copyright © 2024 Axsen

Hours passed by, and the club was packed with people. Still there was no sign of Robin. I looked at the entrance, expecting her to show up. But all I see was these unknown people coming and leaving. 

I gave it another hour. Waiting for Robin. Till I lost hope.

She was not going to show up after all. 

So, she has really moved on from us? Now that she is dating other guys?

Nathan was not nearby, but Steve was right there. I swept my arm around his shoulder and asked, "Bro... by the way... did Hank mentioned anything recent about Robin?"

He was hammered, so he was acting weird. Squinting his eyes, and thinking over it. 

"Yeah... H-He did men-mention... That Ro-Robin was dating some guy casually... But he-he... doubts... that they maybe be serious..."

Steve then left my side to coy over some girl.

I was heartbroken. So, this was useless? 

My body shook, I can't take this.

The people around me merrily enjoyed the party which I hosted. While I was bummed over my ex. Groaning, I walked towards the bar.

What's the point of being sober now?

I ordered a drink. As soon as the bartender placed it down, I picked it, and took all of it in a swig. Asking for a refill, muddled in my thoughts.

All I asked Robin was to give us another chance. An opportunity for me to prove my love. But she decided not to. I fisted my knuckles, and emptied the glass once again.

Shuddering, I reckoned that I need to stop thinking about Robin.

I need a distraction. Cause this desperation is killing me. Just someone to take my mind of Robin.

Someone I can have sex with.

Turning, I scanned the crowd in front of me. 

No one. 

They were all busy relishing my party. When they came near me before we scooted them off. Fuck.

I circled back, but stopped when I spotted a brunette beside me.