Chapter 6

ʀʏᴀɴ

Nate must have already given you the invite

I hope you will show up

I will be waiting

Love you

I left trails of messages for Robin, hoping to get a reply

I left trails of messages for Robin, hoping to get a reply. Putting my phone aside, I closed my eyes. Lying on my bed.

Even with my eyes closed, I can't stop admiring her.

Her innocent blue eyes. Her sweet face. There wasn't a single day that went by me not reminiscing about her. My mind drifted back to that day of our junior high. The day I saw her. 

Copyright © 2024 Axsen

We had our basketball practice that day. The coach was expecting from us, especially from Victor. And was dutiful to his job. Nathan, my childhood best friend was also on the team. We were exhausted by the relentless training our coach made us go through the whole day.

Nathan and I were the last to leave the locker room.

"The coach seemed really pissed by me today..." Nathan chuckled. 

Then started mimicking the coach. We laughed over it. Giving each other a high five as we walk.

Suddenly, I was taken aback by someone colliding over me. 

It almost made me trip down, but I was able to recover myself. I turned, furrowing my brows at the person, who couldn't resist the fall. And was now on the floor.

I clenched my jaw, looking at the girl. 

The halls were silent, so her rumbling sound was audible to me.

My features softens when I noticed her clothes were all disheveled. She unwittingly moved her head. Combing her fingers into her messy ginger waves.

Moving an inch closer to her, I questioned with concern, "Are you okay?" I was sure that impact must have hurt her.

More guilt struck over me when she gazed up.

Her sparking blue eyes were wide open. She stared into me with fright. I noticed her body was shuddering with fear. What was she so afraid about?

I pulled out my hand to help her up. 

Instead, her eyes remain steady on me. I gave her a weak smile, tilting my head with arched brows. She blinked twice, and fixated her eyes on my hand. Fidgetily, she grabbed hold of me. Sneaking a glimpse at me.

"I-I... am s-sorry..." She shuttered out.

Now I was able to see her properly. 

Her ginger waves were rumpled. Her clothes were wrinkled. Her pale face was soaked with tears. And her clear blue eyes were bloodshot.