Chapter 25

ʟᴇᴏɴᴀ 

I was almost ready for Ryan's birthday party tonight. The girls were excited to know I was not bailing out on this one. Eva suggested to carpool with her and Wendy, but Nathan already agreed on giving me a lift.

My makeup and hair were done, so I went to pull out the dress I saved for this day.

Slipping out of my robe, I put on the laced-cutout bodycon dress. Having a combination of black lace and soft grey fabric. The plunging heart-shaped neckline enhanced my breast. The two cutouts in the front upper portion of my tummy and thin straps gave it a sexy touch.

 The two cutouts in the front upper portion of my tummy and thin straps gave it a sexy touch

This knee length bodycon dress perfectly hugged my body. And made me look voluptuous.

Yet, I was bumped out. Knowing exactly with what intention I bought this dress.

Ever since Ryan distance himself from me. Partying and sleeping around with other girls again. I was begging for him to pay more attention to me.

When I saw this outfit, all that came in my mind was that this dress will be perfect to entice Ryan.

Is it too provoking? I thought, staring at my reflection in the mirror.

Till yesterday, I was living with this delusion that Ryan had never been in a relationship before. And just a few hours ago, Nathan enlightens me with his past.

He had an actual girlfriend, who he loved, and was committed to. I am not even there.

After acknowledging this new information. I am rethinking my actions.

I waited so long. In the hope. That one day Ryan will take my hand, and introduce me as his girlfriend. The love of his life. When all long he has been ruminating over his ex. And I was living in a misconception.

Not even able to sleep, I kept tussling around. Wondering where I have heard Ryan's ex's name. Then I remember. The text Ryan received the day after we slept together. His friend mentioned about her.

Does this mean Ryan is not over her? Or is he still in touch with her?

A sudden surge of jealousy rose in my system. I wasn't even feeling to attend this party anymore. But I wanted to see how Ryan will treat me in presence of all. 

Deep inside I was also excited to know why he invited me especially on his birthday.

However, recollecting what Aria mentioned, I shouldn't get my hopes up. And clear everything with Ryan.

Still, I hope my suspicions are wrong.

Putting on a pair of metallic dangling earrings. And spraying over my perfume. I brushed my hair once again with a comb. Wrapping a grey winter coat around me, I grabbed the small square baby blue gift box.

Wishing I knew about this Robin before I got this gift. I observed the tiny white dots all over it with a white ribbon. Then sighed and muttered, "Ryan will decide what he wants to do with this now..."