Chapter 16

ʟᴇᴏɴᴀ 

"It's done..." Nathan cheered, huffing out, "Finally!"

I turned to glare at him. Nathan grinned, and put, "I mean... it's knowledgeable... but still it's a book... You know... books are..." He shrugs, "Boring..."

Jeering with a shake, I glanced at Ryan. Who was just resting his head on the couch. An unknown curve formed on my lips.

Nathan's phone chimed, alerting me. I looked back at him, to catch him gawking at some text he received. Leaning forward, Nathan gazed at Ryan, and asked.

"Steve's inviting us to hang... You coming?"

"I will pass..." Ryan waved tardily. With his eyes shut.

Nathan muttered, "Alright..." And got off his seat. Disappearing into the hallway.

Awkwardly, I observed Ryan, whose eyes stayed close. The smile on my face appeared again. And I shivered, wanting to feel his irresistible warmth near me. 

My lips, dying to rest on his moist ones. My fingers, trembling to land on him.

Along these two-weeks since Nathan joined us. Ryan and I haven't been intimately close to each other. Not like I was intending us to be. But still, Ryan would not show any suggestive remarks towards me like he did.

Anyway, we decided to speedread through the chapters. Passing the book to each other. Eventually, Ryan do read well. This helped us complete with almost eight chapters daily. Apart from that, I would spend the rest of my day at their apartment. Completing my notes, and working on my assignments.

Now that we finished the book, I wonder if I will be ever visiting here again. However, I will cherish the memories we shared within these days.

Nathan returned, wearing a dark-blue jeans and a white t-shirt. With a brown bomber jacket pulled over. He grabbed my yellow cardigan, and strolled to me.

"Let's go... Leo..." He called, pulling it in front of me. "I can call you Leo, right?" He asked, cautiously.

"Sure!" I gushed, ready to get up.

I sensed Ryan shift. Peering at us. But my focus was on Nathan.

Grabbing my jacket, I stood up. Following Nathan, to join him. When a sudden hold on my wrist dragged me behind. 

Ryan pleaded in his pleasant voice.

"Why are you going with him?"

Startled, I spun around to see Ryan guilelessly stare at me. As if I was being unjust to him.

Those crystal blue eyes behold me in them. Asking for an answer. A pang of guilt set upon me. Not really understanding what I was being culpable for. And I couldn't even form a response. 

"Uh..." I opened my mouth. Totally out of words.

Swooping in between, Nathan replied on my behalf, "Uhm... Well... I mentioned Steve is inviting us to hang... And she is interested to go with me."

Instead, Ryan frowned at me, and started, "You want to go with Nate? I-I thought you will stay back with me..."

I gulped, torn between going to meet new people with Nathan. And staying back with Ryan to give him company.

From the very beginning, Nathan had been amiable towards me. Never made a pass at me. Or put any advances towards me. And he was the one who made Ryan ask me out. It was clear, he was rather respectable towards me than anything else.

Between these days, Nathan and I had a lot of fun. We talked shit about some rude professors at UPreg. And discussed some rumors spreading along the campus. Ryan would casually show some interest in them. Other than that, we would tease Ryan. Or start a pillow fight among us.