Prologue

ʟᴇᴏɴᴀ

"Who's that?" I questioned as I heard someone approaching me. 

The surrounding was dark, and my vision wasn't adjusted. Blinking several times didn't help as I was hardly able to focus in the dull environment. I heard someone moving past behind me, and frantically turned. 

My heart pounded inside my ribs as I made my way in that direction.

"Show yourself!" I cried out with all the courage I had. 

A shadowed manly figure approached me, and I froze. 

Anyhow, I took a step back, but stumbled against something, and tripped down. My hands shivered, making me unable to support myself up.

"Lioness..." He spoke out when he was almost near me. 

A faint light was enough to have a clear look at the person in front of me. 

Pair of familiar emerald eyes met mine. And a wave of contentment passed through me when I saw those bright white teeth smile at me.

"Hey... it's just me." He assured, nearing me.

"D-Dad?" My voice cracked.

"Yeah... What did you think? I was some intruder?" He softly chuckles.

Immediately getting on my feet, I paced towards him. 

Wrapping my arms around his torso, I rested on his chest. Dad encircled me into him, and we stay there. Lingering in each other's embrace.

I sniffed, struggling to stop the tear that was trying to squeeze out. Dad noticed me shuddering, and pulled away to have a glimpse of me.

"What happened, sweety?" He frowned. 

His brows curved with concern.

"N-Nothing..." I whimpered.

"Lioness, your face is drenched... Have you been keeping things from me now?" He raised his brows.

"I missed you, dad..." 

Then I burst out sobbing. He pulled me back in his embrace. Now caressing me. Stroking his hand over my head. My lips trembled to speak out.

"Don't cry, Lioness..." 

He broke apart, and hold my eyes. His hands still on my arms. My vision blurred. More tears stained my face.

"You are my brave girl. You should take care of your mom and brother. And you are here crying? I always thought my Lioness was strong. Where's that courageous little daughter of mine?" He joked.

A snigger forming on his face. I laughed, sadly.

"I am still your brave girl..." I sniffed, "I promise, I'll take care of mom and Stan..." 

My throat went sore, choking on my sobs. With quivering lips, I managed to speak those words. 

"I-I love you, dad...."

"I love you too, Lioness." He mumbled with a small but dry laugh.

Tears soon soaked up, and got replaced with a satisfying smile. His eyes crinkled as he cupped my face with his huge palms. 

Dad held me like that for a moment. Then let go.

"I have to go now..." He murmured. 

A weak grin appearing on him.