Chapter 8

ʀʏᴀɴ

Striving to open my eyes, I was able to sense the heat smacking over my face. I opened them anyway.

Everything around me was illuminating. Shielding my face with a hand, I blinked several times. Until my vision adjusted to the bright light oozing from the window. I got rid of the navy-blue comforter. That was covering half of my body, making me feel hot.

It felt like I just woke up from a nightmare. I would feel blessed if someone told me that it was just a bad dream. But it was not.

Those incidents really happened. And I have lost Robin once again. 

I exhaled out heavily, and pushed myself up.

Glancing around the brightened room, I discerned how cluttered it looks with my things scattering around along with liquor bottles. The whole room was a mess.

The sound of my door knob alerted me. And I turned to stare at the person approaching me. He stood by my side with a deadpan look. His greys looked down at me. There was a glass full of milk in his hand.

"I guess you will be up..." Nathan blankly stated.

Occurrences from the previous night flashed through my eyes. And I shamefully glanced away from him. Bowing my head, and keeping my gazes down.

"Drink it... It will help with the hangover." Nathan informed. 

I had to look back at him to grab the glass. With folded hands, he watched as I emptied the whole in a gulp. Handling the glass back, I murmured.

"She came..."

"I know..." He bluntly replied. 

He knows? Then why didn't he stop her? 

I frowned, ready to enquire. But before I could form out any sentence, Nathan barked at me.

"And I know what your fucking ass did..." He shook his head, appalled by my actions. "Rye, couldn't you fight your temptation for a night?"

"How did you..."

I was cut short with Nathan throwing his hands out. 

"James saw Robin arrive, and left... With you following behind after a few minutes... Next, I came to know from Evan that you were making out with some girl... And Robin saw that."

I decided not to defend myself. I accept it was my fault. Nathan sighs and lightly pats on my back.

"It's alright... We can't change what happened." His voice softened, "Get up now... Have some food." 

I slowly stepped out of my bed, with Nathan leading my way. Making sure not to get stabbed by the broken pieces of bottles. We walked through our hallway to enter the kitchen. I grabbed a counter stool to sit upon. While Nathan went inside to turn on the stove.

Rubbing my eyes, to get off the blur, I gazed at the analog clock near the dining table. Which showed a time between 03:15 and 03:20.

"It's three already?" I cried with shock.

"Mm-hmm..." He nodded at me sophisticatedly.

"Why didn't you wake me earlier?" I questioned. Annoyed.

He just excused, "You were brushing me off..."

"You should have thrown a bucket of water over me..." 

"You were sleeping so peacefully... How could I disturb my sleeping beauty?" Nathan answered with a cackle. I scoffed, rolling my eyes. Nathan turned to stare at me with raise brows. Giving a puppy look.