Chapter 12

ʟᴇᴏɴᴀ

Since Venessa moved out, it has been impossible to meet either Andrew or her. There was nothing exciting to even chat on a call. Nonetheless, they tried contacting me when at UPreg. But our classes didn't align well.

Though they provided me with their address, I was told to let them know beforehand. Anyway, it was not happening anytime sooner. Like who will be riveted to take an hour drive just to hang out for a few minutes?

Whatever Andrew's personal thing was, Venessa was obligated to keep that a secret.

Recently, I have lost touch with them. As most of the time, their phones would be out of reception.

I usually go out with my other friends. Even invited them over on a few occasions. With a spare room in my apartment, I asked if any of them were interested to be my roommate. But all of them were habituated with their living situation.

Somehow, I managed to stay in my apartment for a whole month. Without Venessa it was kind of expensive and enormous for a single girl like me.

When I went by Mrs. Turner's, I explained her my conundrum. Asking for any girl interested to share an apartment. Instead, she suggested, I move into her son's spare apartment which was available for rent. Her son moved out of town along with his fiancé. And as the apartment was under Mrs. Turner's name, she decided to put it on rent.

Eventually, I moved out, and shifted in this new one-bedroom apartment. With cheaper rent. It has been three weeks since.

This one was not as massive as the previous. However, it was cozy with a modern touch. It was my world now.

With Venessa out of my day-to-day life, I only get to hang with my girls when their boyfriends are not around. 

When they are, I spent my time on myself. Reading certain books, or trying out new recipes. Even learned how to prepare homemade ice cream. Only if I owned an ice cream maker, it would be easier.

As for Ryan, I never heard back from him. The last time, I ever tried to interact with him was the morning Venessa left.

Despite of her advising me not to text him, I did. The thought of not standing out amongst those girls he must be going out with was scaring me.

It was a good morning text. Short, simple with a kissy heart emoji. Ryan read it, but never actually replied.

It hurt.

Somehow, I knew it was not going to work.

Ryan was a guy who liked partying. And of course, sleeping with girls too. While he was the type of guy I would prefer. Our mindset doesn't match.

He seems like a carefree guy, who wants to enjoy his life. A guy who would not like to tangle in relationships. A guy who is not ready to settle down. 

I wonder if he even knows what it is like to be in a relationship?

Even I don't. But I know how relationships are. 

Going out with him was a bit like an experience.

I got over his rejection in a wink. Though the kisses we shared were awesome. Almost kept me clouded with his thoughts for days, giving me titillating sensations.

"Hey..." Aria called, taking a seat. Eva nodded at me doing the same.

We were at a café in our campus. I took the corner sofa. While the girls grabbed the chairs in front of our table.

"Hey... Done with classes?" I glanced between them.

"Yep... Done." Eva chirped. Then lowered her volume, "Let's hope Aud and Wen will be here soon... Then we will go to your apartment."