Chapter 2

ᴠᴇɴᴇꜱ

I was hanging at the canteen with bunch of my friends when our popular kids entered.

Matt and Emma were snuggling each other. While Ray talked to Jake, walking hands in hands with Rose. Leila was not present.

Jake appeared frustrated, grasping on his cell. Worry was evident from his face. 

"She is not responding... What does she mean... She is not feeling well. There's definitely something wrong." He complained to Ray.

"She will respond once she sees it." 

Ray tried to explain. But Jake kept whining about how he missed her and all.

He was being too pathetic. Leila doesn't show up once in school, and he is already feeling lonely. 

They were such a bunch of attention seekers. I really hated them all. But the parties they arranged were always cool. Plus, many cute guys are available there. So, I never denied whenever they invite me.

Soon I went back to chit chatting amongst the girls. When suddenly, I caught Leona enter the canteen.

I forgot to give her my new number, and didn't even contact her. I wanted to call her over, but being with my friends, I couldn't.

Apparently, my friends adored Leila, and wanted to be like her. They like what Leila does, and they hate what Leila hates. I personally didn't understand why Leila despises Leona?

The only reason I can think of is that Leila is jealous of Leona. 

Leila is beautiful, but Leona is beauty with brains. She somehow managed to belittle Leona. Now, Leona is always suppressing herself. And these people misbehave with her.

If I call her here, these girls will wreck her day. She was better off alone than getting bullied by people. 

I tried many times to keep people away from mistreating her. But they would stop talking to me instead. And I never wanted to be left alone.

Leona was really a good friend. However, she was abstaining herself from all the fun.

I decided to not bother. And keep my friendships balanced. 

I know it is selfish of me to not help her. But I was losing my social network. I would just try giving her pep talks. Which didn't help her. 

The truth is that the only person who can help her is herself.

Copyright © 2024 Axsen

After a while Ray and Matt cheated on Jake with their girls, and he was left all alone at his table. Then I saw Leona approach him. 

Reaching there, her lips moved like she was talking to him. 

What was she doing?

Leila already hates her. And Leona liked Jake from middle school. While Jake always had an eye for Leila. Jake was not only her crush but Leila's boyfriend too.

Jake turns his gaze towards her just for a split second, and blankly nods. She immediately occupies the seat opposite him.

I continued to observe them, and noticed movements on her lips again. She was constantly trying to make some conversation with him. But his responses seemed dry and blunt.

What is going on with her? She never advanced upon anyone like this.

I could almost hear people murmuring about the current scenario. Even the crowd on our table started gossiping about it.