Chapter 10

ʀʏᴀɴ

Nathan foraged through my closet to find something subtle for me to wear. He was helping me get ready for this date with that girl, Leona.

After I ended my first call with her. Nathan and I had a petty argument. Which obviously that fuckface won.

Nathan forced me to call her again, and ask her out. He thought it was okay to go out with her. That it was worth a try. 

I agreed to that, but Nathan has no idea of these girls. The reason he ended up with Alice during high school.

"Why are you making a fuss? Wasn't this supposed to be just a normal date?" I mumbled, blatantly. But Nathan just decided to ignore my rumbling.

He continued to do his duty as my wingman. He was actually a very good wingman. He helped me with Robin back then. And he tried now too.

"First impression matters..." Nathan uttered, and I made a foul mouth. I was about to open my mouth to speak, but he snapped back, "Don't you flatter about yourself now..."

"But Nate... I-I am not trying to impress her." I insisted.

He just waved his hand in front of me, and asked, "Would you like if she rumors about you at Uni... that you are worst at dates, and don't even try?"

"How do you know she is from our university?" I furrowed my brows together.

"Remember? You told me she had a black wristband on her." He recollected our conversation. "Well... We gave colored wristbands as our invites." He told.

I stared at him intently while he explained further.

"This was actually... my way to look out for people from Robin's Uni... So, we had pink, purple, white, and black wristbands... Of which pink were for those we know through our friends... Purple for that other university nearby Hank's... And white... The important one... to the people at Hank's that is Robin's Uni... Finally, black were handled to all from UPreg..."

So, Leona is from UPreg? I don't remember seeing her around. But I decided not to think about her further.

Nathan was right. If she is not impressed by me today, she will tell everyone about it. And I was already planning to delay this date. I remember telling her 06:00, and it was 05:50 already. The café was just 15 minutes from here.

Copyright © 2024 Axsen

I wore the clothes which Nathan handled me before leaving my room. A light grey pant with a white crew V-neck tee, and a dark blue denim jacket. 

Styling my hair

Styling my hair. And shaving out the stubble which had grown out in between these last few days. I grabbed my perfume bottle, and sprayed it over me again.

Nathan made a howling sound as I emerge from the hallway. It made me roll my eyes.

"What time are you supposed to meet her?" Nathan eagerly questioned. "Six..." I mentioned. His smile suddenly faded, and he shot a glare at me.