Llorens holds a press conference

[The press conference begins with Xavi Llorens entering the stage.]

Xavi Llorens
:

 Good afternoon, everyone. Thank you for joining us today. I appreciate your patience. Now, I'm sure many of you are wondering why we've gathered here today. Well, I'm pleased to announce that we have some significant news regarding the future of Barcelona Femení.

Firstly, I want to acknowledge that this isn't something we would typically do. However, given the level of media coverage and anticipation surrounding this announcement, as well as the significance of the deal, we felt it was important to address it ourselves. So, without further ado, let's get started.

Reporter 1

Coach Llorens, can you confirm the rumours that Alexandra Castillo will be joining Barcelona Femeni?

Xavi Llorens

Yes, I can confirm that Alexandra Castillo will indeed be joining our team in the upcoming season.

Reporter 2

What influenced Castillo's decision to choose Barcelona?

Xavi Llorens

Ah, well, Alexandra has some Catalonian roots, and I think she's interested in exploring that part of her heritage. Plus, maybe she's curious about what it would be like to play for the Spanish national team.  (Chuckles) But in all seriousness, our offer was obviously better than theirs if they couldn't secure her. Who knows, maybe they'll try to change her mind about her national allegiance.

Reporter 3:  

Do you think Castillo's move to Spain could influence her decision regarding national allegiance?

Xavi Llorens

 (Chuckles) Well, you never know, do you? Maybe she's just testing the waters to see what it would be like to wear the red and gold of La Roja.  I like to think that my offer was simply too good to refuse. If the national team couldn't secure her, maybe we'll have a chance to change her mind about her national allegiance. But, it's hard to say. Although now that she'll be in Spain and playing alongside some of the national team players, like Alexia Putellas, who knows? Maybe they'll be able to change her mind.

Reporter 4:

 Coach, what can you tell us about the negotiations with Castillo?

Xavi Llorens

Negotiations have been ongoing for some time now. Alexandra was adamant about finishing her high school education before making any decisions, especially if it involved signing with a club abroad. But thankfully, everything has fallen into place, and we're delighted to have her on board.

Reporter 5

What do you think Castillo will bring to the team, both on and off the pitch?

Xavi Llorens:

 Castillo is a versatile and talented player with a wealth of experience at the international level. She brings leadership, skill, and determination to the field, and I have no doubt she will be a valuable asset to our squad. Off the pitch, she's a dedicated and professional individual who will undoubtedly contribute positively to the team dynamic.

Reporter 6

Are there any concerns about Castillo adapting to the style of play in the Primera División Femenina?