Sorry I'm not there

AJ.Castillo Instagram 

23 July 2016

(Pretend number 9 is not in the picture because that's Alexandra's number)

Tagged: @USWNT and @Olympics

Liked by 898,842,283 others

@AJ.Castillo:

It is with a heavy heart that I must announce my absence from the USWNT roster for the upcoming Olympics in Rio. First and foremost, I want to extend my sincerest apologies to my teammates, coaches, and fans who were expecting to see me represent our country on the world stage. It is truly a privilege and an honor to wear the red, white, and blue, and I am deeply saddened that I will not be able to do so in Rio.

The decision to forego the Olympics was not an easy one, and it is one that I have agonized over for many weeks. Before camp began, I received devastating news about my youngest siblings, Christopher and Charlotte. They are my family, my world, and my everything, and learning of their hospitalization was a blow that I could not ignore.

Over the past few weeks, Christopher and Charlotte have been in the hospital, and their situation is one that requires my immediate attention and presence. I made the difficult decision to prioritize my family and be by their side during this challenging time. I cannot bear the thought of being away at camp while my siblings need me, and I could not forgive myself if I were not there for them in their time of need.

Unfortunately, my decision not to attend camp was met with resistance from the management, who viewed it as a breach of my commitment to the team. While I understand and respect their position, I stand by my decision to prioritize my family during this challenging time. As a result of this conflict, I have lost my place on the Olympic roster and possibly future fixtures with the team.

I am devastated by the outcome, but I firmly believe that I made the right decision for myself and my family. My teammates have been incredibly supportive throughout this ordeal, and I am grateful for their understanding and encouragement. Although I cannot be there in person, I will be cheering on the USWNT from home as they fight to defend their title as Olympic champions.

Once again, I apologize to everyone who has supported me and believed in me. I am deeply sorry that I will not be able to represent our country in Rio, but I know that my family needs me now more than ever. Thank you for your understanding and your continued support.

Sincerely, Alexandra Castillo

Comments:

"Heartbreaking news, but family always comes first. We support you, Alexandra, and we'll be cheering on the USWNT in Rio for you. Take care of yourself and your loved ones. 💔⚽️"

"Such a tough situation for Alexandra, but she's making the right choice by being with her siblings when they need her the most. It's not easy to walk away from an opportunity like the Olympics, but family is irreplaceable. Sending positive vibes and strength to Alexandra and her family. 🌟 #StrengthInFamily"

"Thank you for being so transparent and sharing your heartbreaking news with us, Alexandra. It takes immense courage to open up about such personal matters, and we truly appreciate your honesty. Sending you and your family all the love and support in the world. 💔⚽️"

"Alexandra, your decision to prioritize your family is both understandable and commendable. It's disappointing that the USWNT hasn't commented on the situation, but please know that your fans stand by you 100%. We'll be cheering for you and your family every step of the way. ❤️⚽️"

"Heartbreaking to hear about Alexandra's absence from the Olympics, but family always comes first. Wishing her siblings, Christopher and Charlotte, a swift recovery and sending love and support to Alexandra and her family during this challenging time. 💔 #FamilyOverEverything"

"Sending you so much love and strength, Alexandra. It's disappointing that the USWNT hasn't publicly acknowledged your situation, but please know that your fans have your back. Your courage and integrity shine through, and we're proud to support you. 💔⚽️"

"We may not understand why the USWNT hasn't acknowledged your absence, but please know that your fans see and appreciate your courage, Alexandra. Your strength in prioritizing your family speaks volumes about your character. We're standing with you, now and always. 💔⚽️"

"It's disheartening to hear that resistance from management led to your absence from the roster, Alexandra. Your dedication to your family should be applauded, not penalized. We stand with you and hope to see you back on the field soon. Stay strong. 💔⚽️"

"Alexandra, your bravery in standing up for what's most important to you is truly admirable. It's disappointing that management's resistance resulted in your absence from the roster, but please know that your fans are rallying behind you. We're here for you, every step of the way. ❤️⚽️"

"The fact that you lost your place on the roster due to resistance from management is deeply troubling, Alexandra. Your commitment to your family should be celebrated, not punished. Your fans are outraged on your behalf and stand firmly behind you. Sending love and support. 💔⚽️"

"Alexandra, it's unacceptable that you lost your place on the roster due to resistance from management. Your family should always come first, and your decision should have been honored. We're standing with you against this injustice. Keep fighting, and know that your fans are behind you. 💔⚽️"

"Hey Alexandra, I know this is a tough time for you, but have you considered switching allegiance to Spain? You deserve to be treated with the respect and appreciation you deserve. Sending love and support your way. 🇪🇸❤️"

"Alexandra, it's heartbreaking to see how management treated you. Maybe it's time to consider playing for Spain, where your talents would be valued and respected. You have a whole new fanbase waiting to support you. Stay strong. 🇪🇸⚽️"

"Hey Alexandra, I've been following your journey, and I'm appalled by how management treated you. Spain would be lucky to have you on their team. Consider making the switch and finding the support and respect you deserve. Sending love and solidarity. 🇪🇸❤️"

"As an American fan, it's disappointing to see how you've been treated by management. Maybe it's time to explore other options, like playing for Spain, where you'd be appreciated and valued. Your talents deserve better. Sending love and support. 🇪🇸❤️"

"Alexandra, I'm a fan from the US, and I'm appalled by how management treated you. Maybe it's time to think about playing for Spain, where you'd be respected and valued. Your talent deserves better treatment. Stay strong and know that we'll support you in whatever decision you make. 🇪🇸⚽️"

"Alexandra, you deserve so much better than how management treated you. Spain would welcome you with open arms and treat you with the respect you deserve. Don't hesitate to explore other options. Your fans will support you no matter what. 🇪🇸⚽️"

Open all 753,058,275 other comments