Truth Comes Out

In Lexi's room, bathed in the soft glow of evening light filtering through the curtains, she can be found sat side by side with Alex on the bed, packing a box with care. Lexi held up her cherished USWNT jersey, number 15 with "Castillo" emblazoned above it, while Alex arranged four VIP tickets to their opening game against France.

"Okay, so the jersey goes in next," Lexi said, passing the jersey to Alex.

Alex nodded, admiring the jersey before carefully placing it in the box. "Now for the tickets," she said, sliding them into the box beside the jersey. "And last but not least, the signed picture of me."

Lexi smiled, gently tucking the signed photo of Alex Morgan into the box. "Perfect," she said, surveying their handiwork.

"Okay, Lexi, let's sign this jersey," Alex suggested, nudging the marker toward her friend.

Lexi hesitated for a moment, feeling a surge of nerves. "Do you really think Leah will like this?"

"Of course she will," Alex reassured her with a warm smile. "She'll love it."

With Alex's encouragement, Lexi carefully took the jersey out and signed her name under the number on the jersey before packing it away in the box once more.

"So, here's the plan," Lexi began, her excitement building. "You'll drive me to Leah's house. I got the address from her mom. We'll put the box on her front door, then we'll drive back to the Olympic village. On our way, I'll message Leah, telling her to go to the door because there's something there for her."

"Wanna leave a small message as well?" Alex said, leaning back against the headboard.

Lexi nodded, a hint of excitement in her eyes and wrote on a piece of paper

"Got a surprise for you Leah, Use these tickets and see what happens - Lexi"

She showed the note to Alex who smiled and then grabbed the pen and paper to write her own message

"Enjoy the Jersey and try wear it to the game. It's the first of its kind and the first autographed - Alex Morgan"

Satisfied, Alex closed the box, after Lexi placed the handwritten notes inside. Together, they shared a look of anticipation, knowing the truth was about to come out.

~ The Plan ~

As the USWNT team enjoyed dinner together, Alex glanced at the time, her expression turning slightly urgent. "Lexi, we need to hurry up," she whispered, trying not to draw too much attention. "Don't forget the box. If we don't leave soon, the plan won't work."

Lexi nodded, realizing the importance of their mission. "Right, the box," she murmured, reaching for it beside her chair.

Some of the other players, like Carli Lloyd and Tobin Heath, overheard Alex's urgency and exchanged curious glances. "What plan?" they whispered to each other, but Alex and Lexi were already on their way out, focused on their secret task.

With determination, Lexi rose from her seat, shooting Alex a determined nod. "Got it," she affirmed, her voice filled with resolve as she ran out the room to retrieve the box.

"I'm Here!" She says as she returns out of breath now holding said box.

Alex nodded in approval, a hint of excitement in her eyes. "Let's go," she urged, leading the way out of the dining area.

As they swiftly left the dining area, the rest of the team continued their meal, unaware of the clandestine operation underway.

They drove in silence as Lexi's nerves began to rise.