Running Away

I woke up to the sound of screaming, my eyes widen as the smell of burning flesh hits my nose. I sit up. I'm still in the tent, but half of it is in cinders. As I stand I look at the pure chaos surrounding me. The entire camp is in flames and I can see several burned bodies buried in the rubble on the ground.

I seem to be standing in some sort of magic circle, when I look down everything beneath me where I was sleeping looked perfectly fine. Mist encases me as I step my way around and through the wreckage, I stop as I hear a piercing noise coming from behind me, I turn around just in time to dodge an arrow that would have otherwise stabbed my heart.

Standing behind the flames was the figure of a man. He held a long wooden crossbow and he stared at me with hate filled eyes.

"Hello Mister," I chirp politely as I approach the man. "You killed them." He spat, still glaring at me. "You killed my brother you killed your own father" He continued to talk as he loaded the crossbow for a second shot.

Who was this man? How did he know? The thoughts kept running through my head as I stared at the man who was hidden from my view. Before he could fire the second arrow, I ran, strait through everything, the fire, the tents, the trees. While I was running something clicked, I knew that man.

That was the sole survivor of my murder fest, the one who got away.

(HAHAHAHAHHA I HAD TOO)

{Hey guys! So I've decided to make all the chapters shorter but I'm gonna type more because of this!}