BEN Drowned

Using his green sleeve to absorb the blood running down his face, the boy who looks like Dark decides to introduce himself. A creepy lilt in his voice, sounding condescending.

"My name is Ben. What's your name shorty?" He asks as I scan him as icily as I can. He wore a green shirt that was connected to an equally green skirt, beige baggy pants, and tall, black boots. His face was calm, sans the grin and sparkle of mischief in his eyes. I remembered someone else mentioning someone by the name of Ben.. that girl, Toxic, had.

Ben may look like Dark, but I can tell that this person is much much more evil.
".. My name is Kelly, Mr. Ben." I say staring at him, like a kid ogling a burning flame.

"Mhm. Well I saw you earlier when you first came in the main room. Look squirt, I don't really like you. You seem kind of lost around here and that's kind of annoying for the originals like me." Ben takes a second to pick off a piece of red lint stuck to his sleeve as he speaks. His voice what I think is uncharacteristically calm.

"But I want you to understand one thing right here and now. Make good with the other new kids like Midna here. The older guys," he blinks as though trying to find a way to phrase what he wants to say next, "we don't play nice with competition."

I look away to mouth "Midna?" at Marco, and as I look back Ben's gone. Meanie. I would've at least said goodbye.

"It's part of his video game complex," Marco says. It takes me a moment to understand what he's saying, but I understand now. Sort of.

"Since my name isn't really definite, he keeps calling me video game character names because he hopes I'm a cyber ghoul like him." I'm so confused that he can tell, even without me asking.

"Cyber ghoul. An entity created digitally by numerous people's belief and fear. So for Ben, basically the idea of him built up enough believers that he actually came into existence," Marco smiles at me.

"Are you a cyber ghoul Marco?" I ask him curiously. "Nope." He says, laughing a little. "Not quite sure what I am, but there's a broader category for those of us who don't know."

"And what's that?" My voice is bright. He starts moving again, but this time down a narrow hallway. I wrack my brain trying to remember where we're going. Oh right! To meet my mentor.

"Mr. Marco?" I prompt him again. "Well Kelly, we call ourselves Creepy Pastas." Marco can't keep a straight face.