Chapter 13: Christmas Wishes

Mina's POV:

Christmas! It finally has come! Making the whole Seoul white, it is snowing so beautifully! Decorated Christmas trees can be seen here-there, signaling the presence of long-awaited Christmas. I was watching snowfall through my window, having slight smile on face. The first snow just fell previous week, which is unusual than other years. Whatever, I am just happy to see that it finally has come. Thus, I am in such delighted mood today. I have seen watching snowfall since the formalities of Christmas party ended. It would have continued for longer, if my phone didn't suddenly ring.........

I pick the phone, see who it is. It is an unknown person. Should I answer it or not? I should, maybe someone important is calling me. Receiving it, I say, "Hello?"

"Mi.....Mina?" Someone replies from other end of the call, stuttering while saying my name.

"Yes. Who is it?" I ask, furrowing my eyebrows.

"I..... I am Chae.....Chaeyoung", she replies.

"Merry Christmas", I greet her happily.

"Merry Christmas."

"How can I help you?" I ask her, as I can't understand the reason of her calling me.

"Are......Are you free now?" She asks me out of nowhere.

"Yes. But why?" I become confused to hear her question.

"I was.......I was......." She can't finish her sentence, keeps stuttering.

"What?" I become impatient.

"I was wondering if you could......If you could come to see fireworks with me", she shyly says.

"Fireworks?" I feel somewhat interested in it.

"Yes", she gets somewhat confidence to feel me interested in it. She passionately adds, "There are arranging fireworks in 'X' Park. I wanted to go there. Then, I thought if you could......"

"Okay. Reach there at 6.30 pm", I cut her off.

"What?!!!" She seems to get surprised to hear my reply, as if she thought it would obviously be a 'No'! She can't believe what she just has heard, so she questions me again for confirming if she heard it right!

"You will go?" She asks me in disbelief.

"Yup", I normally reply to her.

"Real.....Really?"

"Yes", I again give her the same reply.

"Okay! I will reach there in 6.30 PM! I won't be late!" She replies me in excitement, as if she won the whole world. I chuckle, finding her very cute.

"I know you won't be", I say, while leaving a chuckle out.

"Then, see you!"

"See you!" I end the call up.

That Chaeyoung, or the kid which I used to call her. She isn't really a kid, but her behavior and cute face makes her look younger. I know I am overusing the cute word. But I can't help but to do it! She is really cute, cuter than any of my friends. In my opinion, no offense!

Remember when I said her kind of weird? I doubt that saying or mine now. She only acts in that way with me! She doesn't talk with me like how she does with her. She either keeps stuttering or blushing around me! As if she was too shy to talk with me!

Does she have a crush on me?

Does she like me somehow?

No, how can it be true?!!! Maybe I am overthinking........