chapter 23. Debate

Aaniya pov

My family was also invited but got to know that maaz bhai and papa is on business trip as bhabhi and maa have gone to Village for some work, 

Now here we are sitting on the family table, 

The decoration is elegant like it's just some of the lighting, and a long table in the middle.

Dadi is sitting on the head chair while, on her left side is all the couples and on the right side all singles.

I am sitting beside her only.

And today I wore heels and trust me I never regretted anything than this,

Like how can someone wear heels in the garden.

But here I am.

Then my eyes fell on one face that was so unfamiliar to me as i elbowed arhan, he looked at me "who is that man?" I whispered he looked at the direction where I pointed my eyes.

"It's hadi's dad, Hunain aziz" he said looking at me, as i became little shock like hadi isn't that serious and he is looking strange.

"Mother?" I asked as he first looked at hadi and then at me "she died when he was twelve years old" he said, and words just got stuck in my throat.

I felt terrible listening to it, my chest felt tightened, my eyes moved towards hadi and saw him also in a frustrated mood.  

He and his dad are sitting beside eachother i haven't seen them talking only for once also, 

Something is off today,

Soon the dinner was served, the dinner felt in a silence, while only chachi, mom and nazila aunty is talking they are best friend if you ask me.

Soon we heard dadi clearing her throat, not again.

My turned towards her but she didn't spoke, oh that's somehow new.

Then I felt a kick on my leg and I look downwards to see alizeh's leg.

I looked at her who is sitting infront of me, as she signalled me to look at the left side.

I moved my head towards the left side,

And that's it,

Astagfirullah what did I just witnesses,

I saw hunain uncle talking with all the ladies while laughing,

Just then my eyes fell on dad, chacha and dawood uncle who has a sore face while looking at the ladies.

That's the reason she cleared her throat,

I saw hadi glaring at his dad, maybe not good in terms with his dad.

He is not someone who he shows,

There is a huge difference between, you know everything about me and you know everything that I told you about me.

And this line is what hadi and hamza relate to.

I do know hamza story but hadi is still a secret.

Hadi is not a bubbly boy when he is with others.

It's just few people maybe.

"I heard that too" I heard hunain uncle chuckling with the ladies.

I shook my head and concentrated on my food beacuse it's more important.

Let's focus on food, is what my mind tells me.

"As we know that arhan and aaniya wedding has now completed two while months and as it was happened in a bit hurry" dadi continued as we all looked at her.