Chapter 208: Protect and Wait

Lisa’s well-defined fingers grabbed at the blanket, his eyes surging wildly.

He wanted to, but he could not, nor did he dare to.

His heart trembled violently at the thought of her resistance and tears back then. He was afraid that she would feel disgusted by him.

He was worried that she would leave.

He fell back into a tangle of reason and emotion. He couldn’t afford to lose her. However, Jennie, who was opposite, did not sense anything. She switched off the lights and said in a low voice, “Go to sleep.”

She knew that Lisa hadn’t slept well for several days. Even with the essence of the yao orchid, which could heal his nerves, his stomach had never improved. With Jennie around, he could sleep peacefully.

In the dark night, where the eyes could not see, the other senses became clearer.

Jennie felt Lisa’s arm around her waist and didn’t move. She smiled slightly.

Actually, she didn’t understand why Lisa had only touched her on the day of her rebirth.

Now she gradually understood. It wasn’t that he didn’t want to, but that he didn’t dare to. He was afraid that he would scare her away before she could fully open her heart.

On the day of her rebirth, he had been so angry that he had lost his rationality. That was why he had done such a crazy thing and left her with a very bad experience.

He was making up for it, and waiting. Guarding her as if carefully protecting a soap bubble.

They were both protecting each other’s safety.

Jennie did not expose him. This was fine too.

Lisa wrapped his arms around her and hugged her tenderly, suppressing the restlessness in his heart.

Sometimes, when she wasn’t around, sleepiness would quickly drown out his messy thoughts and drag him down into a calm sea.

***

The next day, Yao Jiahong’s car was parked at the entrance of the Orchid Pavilion flower arrangement hall. He had come early in the morning to wait for Jennie.

He had already applied for leave from school. Today, she was going to shoot Grace’s advertisement.

The driver, Li, saw that he was holding porridge in his hand and had not yet eaten it. He could not help but say, “Brother Yao, you specially took such a long road and queued for more than half an hour to buy porridge from this shop. If you don’t eat it, it will turn cold.”

“I’m not hungry yet. I’ll eat later. You can have yours.”

Li didn’t say anything and turned to eat his steamed buns. Compared to the light porridge, he preferred the steamed buns which were full of oil and fragrance.

Yao Jiahong came a little early today. He waited for twenty minutes before Jennie appeared at the door.

She always liked wearing white shirts, washed-out jeans, and sneakers. However, even such simple clothes could look indescribably beautiful on her.

By the time she got into the car, Yao Jiahong had already put down the partition, separating her from the driver’s seat.

“Brother Yao.” Jennie sat down after greeting him and fastened her seatbelt solemnly.

Yao Jiahong said casually, “I passed by the Five Willows and bought some porridge for you.”

“I’ve already had breakfast. You should eat.”