Chapter 217: Is It That Easy to Be in the Movie World?

Everyone’s shock was written all over their faces.

“What’s going on? Who is this?”

“Where’s Old Han? Isn’t this Old Han’s seat?”

“The first row is occupied by the big shots. Who is this young woman? Does she know where she’s sitting?”

“Elder Han has always been a kind person and doesn’t care about reputation, but that doesn’t mean that some young people can rely on this to directly take his position, right?”

“Are you crazy about fame?”

Discussions broke out all around and Wen Yongwei heard everything.

Everyone was curious as to why such a thing would happen. Why had Old Han not come when his seat was taken by others?

Wen Yongwei had indeed been very popular during the talent show, but in the entire industry, it was not an exaggeration to say that she was unknown. After all, in the circle of big shots, one had to rely on one’s own performance to speak for itself. The fans in the circle did not deserve their names.

Wen Yongwei’s face immediately flushed red. Before she knew it, Zhui Guang had slapped her face.

She saw her own face on the big screen.

A moment later, all the discussions, accusations, and obvious disdain broke out, and that wasn’t the only thing that had humiliated her.

Instead, everyone was criticizing her, but no one actually said her name. Everyone was asking who this woman was!

The director had already cut off the camera and found the real Old Han in the crowd. This scene only lasted for a few seconds, so it couldn’t even be considered an accident. However, Wen Yongwei’s injuries were no less severe than if she’d been in an explosion.

She used all her strength to control her emotions and maintain her etiquette. However, her palm had already been scratched by her long fingernails, leaving a streak of torn flesh and blood.

“Thank you, Old Han, for coming today. And thank you to all the old artists and seniors for contributing to the film industry. On behalf of everyone in the film industry, I would like to thank all of you again.” The emcee continued hosting calmly.

Wen Yongwei was the only one present, and her heart sank. After that, she did not know how but she changed her clothes and went on stage.

Halfway through, Kang Cheng gave her a chance to sing. She walked up to the stage and sang with all her might before leaving.

She didn’t even remember what she sang. She was like a wandering soul.

The effect was naturally not very good. Of course… It was not bad. After all, for the sake of the show’s effect, she had not turned on the microphone. However, it was completely different from what she had expected.

Jennie and Han Houhai sat in the back row and did not take this incident to heart. She did not even care what Wen Yongwei sang on stage.

She and Han Houhai spoke about the current state of the industry, the script structure, and so on to the international film industry. They chatted happily and were inspired by many things.

Han Houhai was getting on in years. Soon, his secretary came to remind him that he needed to go back to take his medicine and rest.

He could only say goodbye to Jennie regretfully. Jennie accompanied him all the way and saw him to his car. Only then did she return to the back seat to continue with the film festival.

Wen Yongwei was in the midst of presenting an award when she heard the Best Screenwriter nomination for Sing My Life. Her spirits were finally lifted.

No matter what, this was Big Brother’s movie. If the movie won an award, Big Brother’s path to stardom would be extremely smooth and he would also increase in popularity.