Chapter 256 - Social Death

Jennie said lazily, "Why do I remember that there's a school-wide meeting next Monday? There's no need to mobilize so many people."

Krystal was silent. How could she have forgotten about that!

Krystal's heart softened. "Jennie, Teacher Zhang is a teacher after all. You can't…"

"Why can't I? Only the state can set a fire, but the common people can't light lamps?"

"You…" Krystal was momentarily speechless.

Zhang Shaogang said, "Can I apologize to you privately? It's my fault."

This apology was utterly insincere.

Zhang Shaogang had indeed apologized for Principal Jiang's sake. Otherwise, he would not have bothered with Jennie at all.

Jennie didn't even glance at him from the corner of her eye. She just reached out and patted the non-existent dust from her school uniform.

"If there's nothing else, I'll make a move first." Jennie shouldered her school bag and took a few steps before turning around. "Don't forget, next Monday."

Krystal's expression changed drastically.

Zhang Shaogang had not expected Jennie to be so unappreciative. He had personally come to apologize, but she still refused to budge! Was it wrong for him to call her rude?

However, he didn't dare to complain on Weibo anymore.

"Teacher Zhang, as you can see, it's not that I don't want to help, it's just that Jennie is too…"

Zhang Shaogang's face darkened. "I understand."

Krystal knew that she had offended Zhang Shaogang greatly this time. Given his vengeful personality, he would probably remember her forever.

Thankfully, Zhang Shaogang did not have any real power, so Krystal was not afraid of offending him.

Zhang Shaogang was about to apologize, but due to the attention of the entire Internet, there was no need for Jennie to mention it. Everyone had already latched onto the school's student assembly next Monday.

There was no lack of busybodies online who kept asking about this matter. Someone even started a countdown.

When Jennie saw it, she just smiled.

Of course, there were also people who had privately messaged her, telling her to be lenient and not pursue the matter with Zhang Shaogang.

Jennie did not reply.

Why would she spare him? From the beginning, Zhang Shaogang had been the one who posted the bet online to smear her reputation.

When he had posted that Weibo post, had he considered her feelings and the consequences that it would bring her?

If she hadn't passed the admission test at Beijing University, would Shi Jin, who had been mocked by everyone on the internet, have been let off? Would he spare Jennie and not make her apologize?

Of course not. He had been waiting for Jennie to apologize to him ever since he had made up his mind to blow things up. Jennie was just following his wishes.

***

At Second High School:

On Monday:

The school assembly was held as scheduled.

Jennie stood among the crowd.

Wang Boyan and Ye Ke, who did not need to attend class, had specially come over today to witness Zhang Shaogang's apology.