Chapter 213: A New Song's Success

After Jennie got back, her WeChat was still pinging non-stop. There were all sorts of messages from the dancers.

She replied with a few keywords before putting her phone away.

When the nanny van left, she noticed that Wen Yongwei’s nanny van had just left as well.

Yao Jiahong had already found out about the situation and informed her, “Wen Yongwei has just passed the National Dancing Association’s application.”

“No wonder.” Jennie nodded. Wen Yongwei seemed to be taking this very seriously.

Yao Jiahong saw through Wen Yongwei’s intentions. “Even though she won first place in ‘Ultimate Singer Songwriter’, she’s still a little dishonest. She’s always trying to suppress you.”

Jennie smiled. “Feel free to invite her.”

Yao Jiahong laughed as well. Jennie wouldn’t give Wen Yongwei a chance to suppress her. Even if she did, he wouldn’t let Wen Yongwei and Kang Cheng have their way.

When they returned to school, the afternoon classes were over. Everyone was studying and most of them were doing their exam papers.

There was nothing on Jennie’s table.

The boy in the front row handed over a bunch of test papers. “Jennie, these are for you. They were sent by the teacher two days ago. I’ve kept them for you.”

“Thank you.” Although they were not of much use to Jennie, she still accepted them.

The boy was a little shy. When he smiled, he revealed his big white teeth. Previously, when it had been Chu Jia’s turn to be the class monitor, the boy had seen that she was planning to take away all of Jennie’s papers and had helped save them.

After a while, the boy handed her something that made a rustling sound. This time, it was a notebook that recorded that the third-year students would definitely get the questions wrong.

The test paper was hers, so Jennie would definitely accept it, but she couldn’t take the notebook. “Thank you.”

She stepped back.The boy looked a little annoyed, but he didn’t say anything.

When Chu Jia saw this, she couldn’t help but sneer.

After the first lesson in the afternoon, someone walked up to Jennie and said in a low voice, “Jennie, you dance really well.”

With that, she ran away shyly.

Jennie recognized that baby-face. It was a girl. Every time someone talked about Jennie, this baby-face would help to put in a good word for her.

Even though Jennie was not familiar with the class, the boy and the girl had stood up for her several times and left a deep impression on her.

When school ended in the afternoon, Jennie had something to do and had already made an appointment with Yao Jiahong.

So she picked up her bag and walked to the door. Chu Jia walked over and stopped her. “Jennie, it’s your turn to do the cleaning today, right?”

The third-year cohort would do a sweep every week, and each group would take turns.

However, there would be a student on duty doing simple cleaning every day. They would clean up the rubbish and tidy up the podium.

This was not a big deal. Jennie did it casually. However, Chu Jia’s tone made it sound as if Jennie was avoiding her on purpose. She gave off the feeling that Jennie was a superstar who couldn’t even be bothered to do basic classwork.