Chapter 229: You & Me

However, because of family matters, this issue was delayed.

He had always wanted to take good care of her and bear the responsibility of being her elder brother. However, Jennie had not have any familial feelings for him at all. Instead, there had only been endless disgust.

Even he had not understood what was wrong. He had thought about it for a long time, but nothing came of his thinking. He just hadn't expected it to really happen.

Reaching such a compromise with Jennie was actually more meaningful than his ears healing.

When he saw his sister's smile, he deeply felt that his responsibility as a big brother was triggered by her grin.

It was only when he felt a chill on his back that he subconsciously turned around. He turned around and saw Lisa's cold gaze. Sehun could even feel an indescribable resentment in his gaze.

Jennie also noticed it and let go of Sehun's arm.

Lisa's gaze warmed slightly, but that trace of resentment was still there.

Jennie reached out and ran her fingers through Sehun's hair.

Lisa's resentment faded slightly.

Sehun also realized that he had unintentionally made someone jealous. However, he really did not know why he was so jealous.

Jennie took a few steps forward and took Lisa's arm.

Sehun finally felt his cold gaze dissipate.

"Hubby, Big Brother's ears have recovered." Jennie told him the results first.

"As expected." Lisa was very confident in Jennie's skills.

Sehun's ears were sharp now, and he took in all of their lovey-dovey voices. He hadn't expected to witness this PDA as soon as he regained his hearing.

"Then... I'll go over there to see Dad first." Sehun left.

Jennie said, "Let's go together."

Lisa had no objections. As long as Jennie was happy about meeting his father-in-law and mother-in-law, the more the merrier.

The three of them went to Dong-wook's ward together.

Dong-wook had already returned to walking normally. So-yeon and Sehun asked him to stay for a period of observation as they were afraid that there would be sequelae.

Dong-wook was already bored out of his mind. The moment he saw Jennie, he immediately said, "Jennie, come and take a look. I've written a short biography for all the characters in 'Burning Sun, Long Sky'. This screenwriter is really good. The more I write, the more I feel that her character observation and general approach are fantastic."

Sehun stood to one side, smiling at his father and sister.

So-yeon wanted to talk to Sehun about Dong-wook's condition. After speaking for a while, she realized that he wasn't wearing a hearing aid. She pointed at her ears and reminded Sehun.

Jennie looked over.

So-yeon explained to her, "Your brother was fooling around. How old is he? He doesn't know how to protect himself. He went out to climb mountains with his friends and hurt his ears."

Eh? Jennie instinctively looked towards Sehun. So he had never told his parents that the problem with his ears was related to Jennie?

In both lifetimes, Jennie clearly remembered how Sehun's ears had been injured.

Sehun shot Jennie a look, obviously signalling for her not to mention this.

Jennie understood her elder brother's intention to take care of her. It turned out that in both lifetimes, not only did he not blame her, he was even pretending to be sedate in front of his parents.