Kabanata 39

CURSE's POV

Under unstable light, my eyes fixed on a tall man who's seated on a chair while his hands are in clasped. I exhaled nervously when I felt his presence was in a heavy weight. An aura of darkness clung to him, filled with worry and unspoken anger. His eyes, the stormy darkness was already locked onto mine with an intensity that sent a tremor through me. It wasn't a hostile glare, but a cold, unwavering focus that spoke volumes. No greeting, no questions, just that unwavering gaze that seemed to pierce through me, judging my every step for being out.

I secretly swallowed hard.

The air hung heavy with unspoken worry and a silent storm brewing in his eyes. Dahil sa papatay-patay na ilaw, mas naging klaro sa akin ang ekspresyon niya. I saw his face, emphasizing the sharp angles of his jaw and the way his dark brows perpetually furrowed. His eyes were colder than I’d ever seen the and they usually held an unreadable emotion. The air around him also crackled with unspoken tension, a dark aura that seemed to press down on the entire store. And, because of that, my heart hammered in my chest, kinakabahan.

"Brother Vile..." Bati ko nung makalapit ako sa kanyang harapan. Nginitian ko siya, pero mukhang naging ngiwi 'yon dahil sa aking pangamba. Napalunok ako. Kung si Kuya Sin siguro ang nandito, medyo magaan pa ang aura. But, I wasn't expecting this, si Kuya Vile ang dumating.

"Where have you been?" He asked in very intimidating tone. Napakatalim ng kanyang tingin sa akin habang sinusuri ako.

"My apologies..." Bahagya akong napayuko. Sa lahat ng magkakapatid, he's the one who's very dangerous to talk with. He's strict at pinaka-kuya sa lahat.

"Look at yourself, darling." Madiin ang tono niya nung pasadahan niya ako ng tingin mula ulo hanggang paa. "You're almost similar to schmatte." Pagalit niya.

Napahawak ako sa aking damit. "My apologies, brother."

"Pumayat ka. Aren't you even aware of it?" Aniya. Nanatili naman akong nakayuko at umiling. "Are you even aware of what your health in the state, right now?" Umiling ulit ako kaya mas naramdaman ko na ang naiirita niyang presensya. He sighed heavily before leaning to his chair. "Uuwi ka na." Pinal niyang sabi kaya naalarma ako at napatingin sa kanya.

"W-We should not—"

"Why no?" Agad niyang pamumutol kaya natigilan ako. His eyes spit danger. "Kahit isang tingin, I already know that you're in a precarious state."

"But, I'm still fine—"

"In which?" He hissed. Hindi naman ako nakasagot. Umigting ang panga niya. "Being sleepless, filthy and uncare. Are you still calling yourself fine?"

"But, I still think that I'm fine. Kumakain naman ako. Naliligo rin ako pero ibang damit lang naman ang nagamit ko—"

"That's the point, Cursia." He already used my nickname at home. "You're a savvy. Isn't that gives you a hint that it's might unclean?" Hindi ako nakasagot kaya napayuko ulit ako. Tumataas na kasi ang boses niya, halatang nagagalit na. "I know that you're aware of the things that you need to do. Am I right or not?"

"Right..." I immediately responded.

"Now, anong 'tong naabutan ko sayo?" Hindi ulit ako nakasagot. Ilang sandaling katahimikan ang namayani sa amin bago ako lumapit sa kanya at humalik sa kanyang pisngi. It is a way for me on them to express that I've really apologized about the mistakes that I've done.

Escape to Deathजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें