Hangovers and stares

Lily POV:

My head was pounding as I sat up from my hammock. A passed out Minho snored loudly next to me assuring me that the majority of us were going through the same thing. God that moonshine is strong. Whatever Gally put in that cost me a week's worth of hangovers in a few minutes. Knowing either Alby or Newt were going to come barging in to wake us all up, I reluctantly got ready to try out my first job.

A slopper.

Great. Cleaning after fifty something boys that don't shower often isn't something I'm quite interested in. Anyway, to confirm my suspicions Newt stumbled in, not looking any better than the rest of us but still ordered us to wake. When the boys had finished with their groaning, but still complied, Newt sat down letting out a tired sigh.

"Up already love?" the softness of his voice hit me like a tonne of bricks. Making heat rise to my cheeks as I answered.

"I want to get today over with." I only received a look of confusion.

"It's my first day as a slopper." I explained. Realisation dawned on his face then sympathy.

"Oh right, right." An awkward silence encased us until I cleared my throat and excused myself.

Oh well that was weird.

Gally:

Grabbing my plate of bacon I sat down with my work mates. The unmissable brunette strolled into the room, instantly grasping my attention. I saw Minho move his eyebrows up and down in a mocking way. I silently scoffed to myself and I focused in on the conversation around me, not sparing a second glance at the messy haired blonde who was also looking at the brunette.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

I got second hand embarrassment writing this.

Don't worry it gets better, I hope.

But as soon as I finish this book I'll read through it and take in any of your suggestions that I can use to improve it because it can be better so I want to hear your input.

For example:

Less awkward situations.

-FunnyP3rson