Sulking and jealousy

Newt POV:

The heartache didn't leave me as I slept. Knowing that they were just a few doors down doing lord knows what made me want to vomit. But I knew my responsibilities wouldn't be ignored if I sulked so I got up, not at all prepared for what the day had in store for me.

"Mornin' Newt." Frypan happily greeted me. I mumbled a morning back. "What's up with you, it's Thursday and we've got bacon, so why are you sulkin'?"

"I'm, just tired alright."  I said trying to muster up some enthusiasm into my words. Already hinting that I wanted this conversation over, we ate in silence, only the occasional 'want some more' was exchanged between us too. My morning was going fine until I saw them.

The undeniable chemistry between them made my chest burn. I thought I was going to explode when I saw he put his hand on hers. This cannot happen, I won't allow it.

So I made a plan, that any boy would resort to if they were in the same situation I'm in. You may be wondering what I'm going to do, it's simple.

I'm going to ignore her.

My feelings will only grow if I stay around her and I mean a good four foot radius. The girl made me freeze in my spot because she walked out of a room a few yards in front of me, that's not normal. No matter how infatuated I may be.

I just need it to stop.

Actually, I blame this on her. She's the one who almost kissed me. Almost.

Lily POV:

Sitting with Gally was okay given what he was feeling yesterday. But I was right, he was mistaking friendship for catching feelings. We made up and now he's giving me that brotherly vibe by putting his arm around my shoulder in a friendly way, of course.

Our talk last night reminded me of Newt. I'm not sure why. It might have been our moment in the dead ends that gave me, somewhat, deja vu. 

I could've been imagining this but I thought I caught Newt looking at me multiple times as I was eating. He didn't look too happy but I'm trying out as a track-hoe so I'll see him anyway, maybe speak to him.

As soon as we finished our food me and Gally stood up and went to our respective jobs. I was quite looking forward to being a track-hoe it seems fun, raking in the sun, getting dirty in the mud and fertiliser.

Fun, yay.

Knowing that there was no way I was going to know where to go I went to the person I knew most. Newt.

It didn't go well.

I walked over but he side-stepped away from me.

"Newt, you okay?" I asked, taking a step forward while he took a step back. "Yep, perfectly fine Lils." My heart warmed at the new nickname he had given me. But his unusual behaviour confused me.

"Why are you walking away then?" I said.

"I'm not walking away." he said while backing away from me slowly until he bolted towards Frypan. Scoffing to myself, I asked random boys for guidance towards the track-hoes.

The raking helped me clear my head and it helped me focus on why on earth Newt acted so strangely towards me today. I don't think he's mad at me, but he's not happy with me either. So, after my work I went to Frypan to ask him some questions.

"Hey Fry." I exclaimed.

"Hey Lily, I'm sorry there is no more bacon left." he looked at me apologetically.

"It's alright, I didn't come for that." he muttered to himself incoherently as I spoke.

"Let me guess, lover boy's ignoring you." he said teasingly.

"How'd you know?" I whispered, ignoring his lover boy comment.

"He hasn't talked to Alby yet, we've all figured something is wrong. I mean this hasn't happened since..." he trailed off. I was beyond confused. Why, does he normally talk to Alby, what happened before that I don't know about?

"What happened before?" I asked curiously.

"He didn't tell you!" he exclaimed, rather loudly. This boy was getting on my nerves already.

"Well, clearly."

"I'm not going to tell you."

"What, why not."

He looked at me, tilting his head slightly he said, "It's quite personal."

"He's not talking to me at the moment so if you won't tell me how will I find out what happened."

"Just wait until he's ready, he was pretty embarrassed when it happened." he told me softly.

"Okay." I said, dropping the subject.

No, I was definitely finding out what happened.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

I will try to add in more characters like Frypan, Minho and Winston.

I'm also going to do a time skip because we aren't even into the movies yet. I'll do the skip after Newt and Lily resolve the problem.

Have a nice day

-FunnyP3rson