Stars

Lily POV:

The dark has never been something I liked but, somehow, the adrenaline that coursed through my veins when I sneak out to see Newt is just thrilling.

As the sun had set, I prepared myself for the sleepless night I was going to have to endure. I had made sure Chuck was asleep in bed before I left. I've always felt bad for the poor boy, only twelve years old and is forced to be around fifty boys who are older than him. It must be hard.

I opened the door to where the rest of the boys slept, weaving through the hammocks with ease. Lightly treading on the grass when I left homestead, I went to our spot. The trees rustled as I walked. A silhouette danced in the distance, I quickened my pace so I could meet up with Newt.

I got there and Newt was waiting for me, he turned around and grabbed a leaf which he was using as a blindfold. Tying it around my eyes, he took a step forward.

"What are you doing?" I whispered.

"Surprising you, love."

"Well it's not really working, I saw the stars earlier."

"Shut up and let me." he stated and I could hear the smirk in his voice.

I chuckled and I gave up. He grabbed my shoulders and pushed me around in all directions so I couldn't figure out where I was going.

"Right, are we done?" I huffed.

"Jeez, so impatient. But yes we're here."

He hands worked to untie the blindfold from me. I gasped as I regained my sight back. The moon hovered over the ivy-covered walls, the stars adding a bit more light to the picture. Newts gaze on me never faltered.

"Newt don't look at me like that."

"Like what?"

"Like there are shooting stars in my eyes or something."

"I honestly can't look at you any other way."

I chuckled, "That was cheesy."

He scoffed playfully, "You loved it."

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Sorry it's short but I wanted a quick but romantic scene.

The writing in italics is the quote from the description.

Please comment your thoughts and any ideas. Thank you.

-FunnyP3rson