Greenie

Lily POV:

A few weeks have passed, me and Newt have only got closer.  I've got accepted as a track hoe with him. We agreed not to tell any gladers about us. But I'm convinced Minho is suspicious, considering the amount of close calls we've had. Our sudden 'friends' facade caught the gladers off guard.

Minho and Gally were persistent on keeping Newt away from me for as long as possible. Chuck was a bit more welcoming. They've given up now.

Today is greenie day where we get a new glader. I hope it is better than mine, I mean, I was gawked at the moment I stood up.

I woke up, excited for today's events. I sat up as Minho barged into my room, more excited than ever.

"Get up, get up, get up." He sang.

"I'm up." I sang back he giggled like a school girl at my behaviour. We headed outside, the sun's rays gracing our skin with its warmth.

"What time is it?" I asked.

"About eight." He answered.

"You shucking idiot." I hissed," I could be in bed, but no I needed to wake up because Minho wanted to go on a run." Resting my hand on my hips as he sheepishly smiled.

"How'd you know?"

"Dumb shank."

"Morning gorgeous and Minho." Frypan walked up to us, calling me gorgeous to get on Newts nerves. He is the only one who knows about us. What, he made me spill.

"What, hey!" Minho protested.

"He's right."

"I mean, I'm not wrong." Our words overlapped each other. Minho jokingly started pressing his hair back to 'make sure he looked good'. I laughed as Frypan joined in.

"Hello love." His British accent getting the best of me as he wrapped his arm around my shoulders.

"You know if you keep doing that, people are gonna think you two slintheads are dating. And I don't think Gally would react well." Minho remarked. He had a point, Gally had self-appointed himself as my brother. Meaning he was overprotective but also very caring. He definitely had a soft spot for me.

"Slim it." Newt bit back. Frypan 'ooh'd' at them..

I shook my head and grabbed Newts arm. I didn't bother with goodbyes as we walked off. We headed for food the entoxicating smell of egg fluttered through the air.

We got our food and ate in silence. It wasn't awkward, just a peaceful silence. In a glade full of boys peace is very rare so I spend any peaceful moment I get with Newt because he feels the same way.

Newt never did tell me about his limp, I was keen to know but if he didn't want to tell me yet he didn't have to. 

It didn't stop me from asking the others though.

Now what about that run?

Thomas POV:

My head pounded as I sat up. Boxes surrounded me, I gripped one hoping for some sort of balance but it didn't last long as the metal I was in flew upwards.

Shill screams came from my mouth as I fell backwards. This carried on for a few more minutes, until the metal came to a stop. Light penetrated through the small gap, and a short haired boy jumped in. He was probably about sixteen or around that age.

"Day one greenie, rise and shine!"

I got up and ran, determined to get out of the weird  box thing.

"Hey, looks like we got a runner!" Someone from the crowd shouted. Still I ran.

The momentum had become to much as I plummeted to the ground. Some more boys had crowded around me to see what was going on. Two of them wrapped their hands around my torso to help me up.

A boy no older than seventeen towered over me.

"Do you remember anything?"

"N-no, why can't I r-remember anything?" I stuttered.

"Put him in the pit so the shank doesn't run." He spoke. Shank? Pit? The two boys dragged me towards a bamboo contraption, opened it and threw me inside.

Lily POV:

Newt was stood with me while I was raking through the dirt. We were talking about Minhos nonexistent sleep schedule until he started talking about the greenies arrival.

"And then he face-planted." He said through laughter. I looked up and started laughing to.

"He what?" I said struggling to breathe. He just nodded quickly, wheezing at the action he watched not to long ago.

I stopped raking and admired the way his hair fell into his eyes as he laughed. The bright spark in his eyes and the big smile that found its way onto his face when he heard something funny. He was perfect.

"Hey." He broke the silence.

"Hi."

"So, I thought we could do something later." He said motioning for me to come towards him as he sat down onto a log.

"What do you have in mind?" I walked over to him as he wrapped his arm around my waist. My hand finding it's way to his hair, playing with it softly.

"Watching the stars."He muttered.

I hummed in response, actually liking the idea.

"We'll go after dark, preferably when Gally is asleep."

"Don't worry he could sleep through a storm without waking up." I reassured him.

He chuckled at my words. He shoved his head into the crook of my neck.

"See what I mean, you're practically dating!" Minho commented as he walked past us.

"Slim it."

"Literally, shut up."

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

So, watching the stars.

It's got a bit more romantic now.

Minho though is hilarious. It's just how I'd imagine his personality as.

-FunnyP3rson