Hey Roomie!

Dedication to iheartcellos because she's such a beautiful girl who finished all my stories in the span of two days (and here I am, who doesn't even go back to proofread xD xD). And mainly because, she plays the cello!

First posted: mid 2015 (?)
Status: <unedited>
<not proofread>

2020 A/N: Get ready for some cliché and sunshine eek.

02
Hey Roomie!

"So... you are my roommate, huh?" I asked, my voice unusually soft and trembling.

What the hell?

He didn't reply. His dark, blank, lifeless black eyes just bore into my equally black ones. And let me tell, it mega scared me.

I mean, I have black eyes too! And they arejust eyes! And his looks so blank and stoic and just — just purely terrifying.

I swallowed.

Make a conversation!

I wiped my sweaty hands on my pant thinking.

Topic. Topic. Topic!

"And what did you say your name was..?" my pathetic voice dragged.

I face palmed.

Of course I knew his name. And yeah, he didn't introduce himself to me. So how can my stupid mouth ask him a question as if he initiated one in the first place?

I face palmed again.

Why am I behaving like such a fool? Idiot Uthra. Idiot me.

I slapped my face with both my hands and took a deep breath to regain... I don't know, my composure?

I raised my head to see the guy looking at me, his head slightly tilted and dare I say he looked mildly amused..?

I flashed him an awkward grin and my hands shot up and waved on their own.

I groaned.

I think I got hit in my head somewhere when I was a kid or my normal brain was a little malfunctioned. First my mouth blurts something stupid on it's own and now my hands. What the hell happened to coordination? I should go visit a neurologist first thing I go home for a holiday.

And where will you get the money for that?

Yeah, right.

I looked up again when I heard a chuckle. Or maybe a cough. Because Rohan's slightly amused eyes were back to its normal scary state. So yep, definitely a cough.

He took slow steps towards me. It wasn't hesitant. It wasn't bold. It wasn't lanky and it wasn't stiff and uncomfortable. His steps were lazy. This guy was seriously intriguing me.

He stopped when he was one feet away from me and automatically my legs took a step back.

Aw crap.

I wasn't intimidated.

I was not intimidated.

Nope. Nah. Nada.

I was zero percent intimidated. Yeah.

Say that to yourself, a voice in my head said exasperated and I kicked it to a corner.

Rohan seemed surprised by my act.

"Rohan," he said curt and stretched his hand to me.

I felt my heartbeat accelerate and my palms started sweating. I looked down at his outstretched hand and glanced at my sweaty palm.

First time shaking hands with my mission's object and my hands are a sweaty mess. Great.

I slowly stretched my hand and it was visibly shaking. I grasped his hand hesitantly but let me tell you, it looked and felt more like groping. Talk about embarrassing.

Okay. I accept. I was intimidated by this guy. And his height. And his blank, black eyes. And his too large palms... which were so soft by the way. And firm. Confident. It felt so smooth. Not like a guy's palm. His long fingers were—

The hand was gone.

I coughed trying to hide my embarrassment. But anyway my traitor eyes thought it would be an awesome idea to look up. Seriously my body lacks in the coordination department.

Rohan's eyes were twinkling now as he looked down at me. Another reason that reminds me how short I am in this school.

My heart which was beating erratically almost jumped out of my chest when I saw the twinkle in his eyes. Maybe my body was too scared to notice some emotion in his eyes than no emotion at all.

I coughed again and let my eyes wander around the room awkwardly waiting for him to step away but still Rohan's image seemed to stand a feet in front of me.

I glanced at him not so discreetly to find him already staring at me. He looked like he was... expecting something. And then it struck me. I didn't introduce myself. Not all students necessarily remember the new kid's name.

"Uthra," I said but only a gust of hushed air came out.

I cleared my throat and took a deep calming breath.

"Uthra."

"The kid who sits beside me in class right?" he asked, his voice low. It was almost a whisper.

I nodded.

Without another word, he dumped his bag on the floor and walked past me to the bathroom. After seconds, I heard the door click and something in me seemed to snap.

I slumped onto the floor, my knees feeling weak.

Now, what the actual hell was that?

***

I know. Such a short chapter after a month of no updating. Sorry. But I felt like this chapter should end here and the rest should come in the next chapter. SORRY DARLINGS!

If you like this chapter don't forget to vote and a comment. Love ya all!

VOTE.COMMENT.SHARE.LOVE.