Strike One

2020 A/N: This was an extra chapter initially.

I should be studying right now (I swear I studied) but I thought of taking a break so yeah.

This bonus is a little sneakpeak showing how Rohan was kind of helped by Uthra to become a little social after her row with her father (do people even use 'row' nowadays? Yep, I'm weird xD)

I hope you guys enjoy it! (And really hope I haven't lost the spark haha).

And I've been thinking this for a while, but I've been thinking of improvising Is He A She?! since even I find it a little rushed. Wouldn't touch the published chapters but maybe add chapters like the bonus chapters in between without tarnishing the old spark? But yes, if I do that, I've to change the title names T_T

Tell me please :)

Dedication to DodoBirdAmI since I've used her comment "Just nod and they'll nod back" in this chapter :) Dodo, I've wanted to use this sentence ever since you commented haha xD

That's it!

08
Strike One

"Is this even necessary?"

I looked up at Rohan sharply.

He was staring at me, a little frown on his forehead and his lips turned down slightly. Even his mellow voice sounded coarse and I swallowed back a sigh.

"Yes, it is necessary," I muttered as I walked to him. I patted his broad shoulders and tried to give him a big cheerful grin. Key word: tried.

"You look constipated," Rohan replied, mild amusement colouring his eyes and even though he said I looked like I was suffering um, you know what problems, it made me smile at how easily he talked to me.

Me.

Wow, I feel downright honoured.

Right now, Rohan and I were kind of hiding near the T junction of the main corridor while Ryan was standing in the corridor that branched to the right, looking as if he was waiting for someone as he kicked his leg in plain air.

But even though I smiled, I still tried to push Rohan towards the corridor where Ryan was standing.

"Go!" I hissed trying to push Rohan but he wouldn't budge even to the slightest.

"And do what?" he hissed back and I threw my hands up in frustration.

"Go talk to him. Remember that you promised to cooperate, right? To make you more social. Ring a bell? Jeez you're behaving worse than a preteen boy trying to strike a conversation with his puppy love!"

Rohan flicked my forehead and I cursed under my breath, hands rubbing the stinging part of my forehead.

"I can't just go and simply be all 'sup dude' to him," Rohan mumbled, hands folded across his chest, looking indignant and I rolled my eyes.

"Just nod and they'll nod back!"

"Because?"

"Because that's how guys are tuned!" I went back to my job of pushing Great wall of China's brother Indian Wall also known as Rohan but even though I huffed and puffed, he didn't move a muscle.

Okay, go ahead, dent my manly ego. I don't really care.

"I'm a guy," Rohan pointed out, "I didn't know our brains are tuned."