Secret Santa

2020 A/N., This was Extra 3 back in the day haha.

Belated Merry Christmas!

Song attached: We don't talk anymore by Charlie Puth ft. Selena Gomez (the beat is catchy and the video is goals <3)

Note: Polaroid cameras are prohibited in their school, okay? I just added that rule to suit the chapter xD

18
Secret Santa

I tried not to think too much of the crumbled piece of paper inside my tight fist.

But let's face it. I was hyperventilating.

So it went like this. Christmas was in a week and like normal school kids, we played Secret Santa. And since Fate was a sadistic old bat who had no other job than to make my already sucky life suckier, it decided to play Cupid and guess what? The paper has Rohan's name.

Did I mention that I'm oh so surprised? I didn't? Pretend that I just gasped and made a huge show of being surprised.

Personally, I felt like some sick twisted female mutt (a witch other than Fate) was typing away my life in a computer, trying to find ways to land me in the most irritating situations ever.

Huffing, I hitched my bag further up as I stomped towards the gate, leading us to the road going to the dorms.

What should I get him? Hrithik anna said that it's for the duration of the entire week.

Seven gifts for seven days.

Seven gifts.

Seven.

Can the earth split up and swallow me?

Stop overreacting. A simple chocolate would do.

No, no  no, no. I can't settle for mere chocolates.

There are costly ones you know. Those coated nuts and raisins one?

But he hates raisins.

Maybe I could make Christmas greeting cards, you know, snow themed, reindeer themed, Santa Claus themed, gingerbread themed and yada yada yada.

You totally can. Only thing is, you suck at them.

And for once, I agreed with my annoying conscience.

Oh well, it was a stupid game of Secret Santa.

Only, it wasn't as simple as that.

*

*

*

I crept behind Karan anna's hunched and oddly trembling back. I peered a little, as silent as I could and saw a Polaroid camera in his hands. Hrithik anna was sprawled in front of us, mouth wide open and drool running down his chin very glamorously. He muttered something inaudible and turned into another awkward position which made me wonder if secretly he was a jelly fish.

Karan anna's trembling (which I figured out was muffled laughing) intensified as he took more photos in the polaroid. He even tickled Hrithik anna's nose with his own comforter and when Hrithik anna made a sleepy funny face, he took another photo.

He flapped the photo in air with a triumphant smile. As inaudible as I could manage with my aching toes, I leaned closer and as expected, Hrithik anna did look hilarious in that photo. Totally not like the Dobermann dorm head everyone feared him for.