Is He A She?!

2020 A/N: Unedited. Ignore the cringe.

Thanks for 7k reads, 700 votes and 1.1k comments (wow, we are one interactive family ;)) (2020 A/N: This makes me so proud. Look at how far we have come. 330k reads :'))

•••

Is He A She?! Fun facts and alternate endings

Okay *rubs hands* you all know this, but I'm going to say this because I WANT TO :P

This book was written by a 13 year old me after reading the manga Hana Kimi *fangirl squeals* (Some Genderbenders are total crap but trust me, this is an utter classic. Right now, my header and profile pic are from another genderbender called 'Seiyuu ka!', the only Genderbender that is equal to Hana Kimi :))

 Right now, my header and profile pic are from another genderbender called 'Seiyuu ka!', the only Genderbender that is equal to Hana Kimi :))

When I was 13, this book wasn't Indian

When I was 13, this book wasn't Indian. Uthra's name was April and she was half Japanese and Rohan was a scary guy with a girlish name: June (argh, please stop laughing. I was 13 then! But I still love them ._.)

I wrote it down in a really old diary and I can't seem to find it *cries* (2020 A/N: I found it lol. The pages are all yellow. I'm 22 now). Okay, I wanted to name it 'Is He A She?! A journey between April and June' God, that's cringe worthy.

But coming on wattpad, unrealized how literally, there were no people of colour books. Sure, we have awesome poc books now but three years back, that wasn't quite the case.

April was named as 'Uthra' and June was named Rohan.

Hrithik's name resulted as a very reliable friend's favourite actor in the world, Hrithik Roshan (Kristen Stewert once said that she wanted to act with him xP). But in my diary version, he was Dylan. Rohit was called Justin. Ryan was Kazuki (yes, a Japanese!). If it wasn't Ryan, it would've been Kevin since I really like both the names! Karan was called Martin or Oliver (I don't remember and can't go back to refer since the diary is lost >.<)

So initially, what I planned was this.

1. When Uthra confesses to Rohan, she swears to make him see her more than a best friend.

2. Rohit learns that she is a girl without anyone saying just by the way she behaves and helps her with Rohan.

3. Nithya actually comes in the story during the school festival.

4. All the guys come to know that she's a girl during the last day of school. They all give her hand written letters and Rohan's letter has the words 'I love you.'

5. April (not Indian version) actually moves to Japan because of her mother's share and they start a company there.

6. June (not Indian version) and the friends (besides Rohit, Ryan, Hrithik and Karan, there were two more guys in the old diary version) go to Japan after six years to invite April (and for June to ask her hand in marriage *dies out of embarrassment* hey, I was just 13) for the marriage of one of the friends who wasn't even present in this Wattpad version.

7. Rohan doesn't like Hrithik because Hrithik has a crush on Nithya but Rohan thinks he doesn't deserve her.

8. That cute flashback with Danuj wasn't meant to happen AT ALL (I love him T_T Please go read his story Fireflies of the Dusk).

9. April and June actually kiss in the last chapter.

10. If I ever write down an epilogue, I planned it to be like this. Rohan announces that he's going to take a really risky business contract and Uthra asks him not to take it since she doesn't want their daughter to also end up dressing as a guy and it ends with Rohan laughing it off saying that 'Good thing, our school is co-ed now.' 😂😂😂

11. June was actually a really attractive guy unlike Rohan who appears attractive because of his gestures.

12. Rohit and Uthra had so many moments together which I would've written down if it weren't for the chapter limit (2020 A/N: To new readers, in the past, all the chapter titles combined made the catchphrase 'You don't have to be Superman or Spiderman to save a soul. You just have to dress as a guy.' So I had this pressure to finish the story within 19 chapters).

13. I actually wrote down that Kazuki fell for April. But since I really dislike love triangles and how messy they can get, I didn't include it here.

15. 13 year old Kai's crazy fanart (my Otaku side is showing up) (2020 A/N: WHAT WAS I EVEN THINKING POSTING THIS HERE?)

 13 year old Kai's crazy fanart (my Otaku side is showing up) (2020 A/N: WHAT WAS I EVEN THINKING POSTING THIS HERE?)

16. Okay, I've decided. No epilogue. I guess this is messed up pretty bad and I don't want to ruin anymore :) (2020 A/N: Jokes on you 2015 me. I just titled the previous chapter as the epilogue).

Video attached: Long Live by Taylor Swift.

Okay, I'm getting kinda emotional since for me, it has been a huge ride and I got many best friends because of this book.

Can you take a moment

Promise me this

That you'll stand by me forever

But if God forbid fate should step in

And force us into goodbye

If you've children someday

When they point to the pictures

Please, tell 'em my name

Tell 'em how the crowds went wild (not really but yeah, in my mind xP)

Tell 'em how I hope they shine

Long live the walls

We crashed through

I had the time of my life

WITH YOU (writing for you)

I'm not actually bad at singing so imagine that I just sung it for you guys *runs away*

It was nice meeting you guys and I hope that you'll show this same support to 'Crossroads' and 'Fireflies of the Dusk.' when I come back from this long hiatus :)
(2020 A/N: I hope you check out all of my works :'))

Ciao till then!