Chapter 2

minho sighed heavily as he got up to deal with whoever wasn't doing their work. he did not have any intentions on being nice about it and sugarcoating things since they kept him at work for more time than he was supposed to be, especially right when he was about to leave.

as he was trailing the team member who asked for assistance, he quickly glanced at his watch, hoping it wasn't anything bad.

6:50

it was six-fifty pm, and work ended at five pm for everyone, he had stayed two hours late due to all the files he had to go through and now he was missing his time to feed his cats, which frustrated him even more.

as he approached the group of members, he  could hear someone being scolded very loudly by the supervisor of the group. he did not feel like yelling today, but that didn't mean he would be nice about it. as they got closer, he could see who was being yelled at in a closer angle and to his surprise, it was the same guy from before.

minho had read his file earlier and the name had "han jisung" on it, causing him to assume that was his name before finally reaching the source of scolding. "jisung, this part is very important! what don't you understand? why are you even here if you handle anything?" the supervisor from the organization department shouted at the man with fury. he didn't want any excuses, just honesty.

minho mentally cursed the moment he noticed jisung. this day was getting worse and worse for him and it seemed like fate was making it worse by bringing thay small, curly haired boy everywhere. he hasn't even seen him before today, so why is he everywhere minho is now?

"is everything alright here, hyunjin?" minho asked the leader of the group "mr. han jisung here can't do anything for the client and it's due in a week, he doesn't even know how to type up a document properly, it looks like a child did it!" the tall blonde had shouted from frustration. minho exhaled a bit frustrated before asking "point out to me who this han jisung is" knowing it would ignite more emotions within him.

the entire team had pointed at exactly who minho was thinking of, and he started walking to him, noticing he was fidgeting with his hands looking zoned out a bit."mr. han?" minho called out, hoping to get the shorter boys attention, which worked as his head perking up, minho could see his doe eyes and he looked like he was about to cry. minho despised seeing people cry.

so he let it slide this time.

"are you about to cry? don't cry, it's not as serious as they make it. especially since it's due next week. you're old enough to not cry over something small like this." minho said softly to the latter. jisung just nodded before looking back down which made minho exhale a dramatic sigh, which of course made him look back up

"if you come to my office tomorrow, i can help you, jisung right?" minho offered for the man before hearing some mumbling from him.

"what was that mr..?" he asked softly hoping not to make the other uncomfortable, since he was already starting to tear up even more which minho did not want to happen. he hated it when his employees especially started crying, because they are grown adults and can learn how to problem solve better than kids.

"yes, it's jisung.. han jisung." the shorter one said quietly before focusing his eyes on something else, still fidgeting with his hands, which by saying this, it made minho feel even more agitated by him but of course he didn't say anything about it in worry of making the man cry

"okay, mr. jisung, how about you come to my office tomorrow as soon as you get to work. but if i'm not there, you can just wait outside on one of the chairs." minho said. he couldn't help but smile at the shorter, but he didn't know why.

jisung nodded to minho then went back to his desk. minho went back to his office to collect his things and go home. the moment he went outside, he checked his watch.

7:30

it was seven-thirty pm.

that entire interaction with the boy had made minho stay forty minutes extra. yet all he could think about was how he looked like he was on the verge of crying.

he had an adorable expression. minho thought.

but the moment he realized what he was thinking of, he slapped himself, softly so he didn't ruin his pretty face.

"what the hell? that was not cute. it was a full grown man crying." he whispered to himself before leaving to the parking garage on the other side of the street.

☆☆☆☆☆

all of his team members were shocked at how minho had just dealt with him. he is never nice about it, but he went all soft for the one boy. which caused something inside them to be mean for minho since he couldn't knock some sense into the boy.

jisung hated being yelled at. it triggered him. it scared him, but his coworkers were all yelling at him, for many things.

"you're wasting mr. lee's time." one said. "you can't wait until next week to finish this! do it tomorrow." another shouted. "how can you not understand this? it's basic knowledge!" he was scolded by practically every member of his team. the moment he felt a tear drop onto his face, he left.

jisung took all of his stuff and went to the elevator. entering it and praying no one saw him crying. he burst into tears as soon as the door closed, but quickly wiping them incase someone had to use the elevator at the same time on one of the lower floors. thankfully no one used the elevator besides jisung. the moment he stepped out, he just stared at the ground. before tapping his ID badge to exit.

this was such a shit first day. he thought

he had called an uber and waited a few minutes before it arrived to his office. once he got in, he immediately slumped into the backseat of the car.
"4419 jyp street please." he said to the driver.

today was a long day. for both minho and jisung. and neither of then were planning to make things bad the following day since they absolutely hated everything that happened today. jisung sighed before pulling out his phone and watching some national geographic cheetah videos.

once he arrived outside his house, jisung turned off his phone before paying his uber and getting out of the car. he pulled his house keys out of his pocket before walking up to the gate, where he put in the code "zero.. three.. two.. five!" he mumbled as he put in the code

the gate unlocked and jisung went in before closing it again. he missed his bed and was ready to take the longest nap ever. or maybe just go to sleep. work was definitely not his thing, but if he wanted to survive he would need it.

his stomach grumbled as soon as he walked into his house, which made him almost go to the kitchen instantly. he wasn't the best cook but he could make average things and ramen was the best out of all of them. so he grabbed a pot, filled it with water, then grabbed a ramen pack and opened it before dumping it into the pot. leaving the flavors out of course

he set it on his stove and turned it on to  wait for it to boil and cook. he was absolutely ready to eat, shower, then sleep. he was exhausted from all the shouting and work from today, but he was a little thankful that his bosses boss was nice to him about it. he wanted to punch whoever yelled at him

(a/n)
second chapter!! what do u think? this morning I saw 6 people read this already!! I made this at like 3 am so I was a little shocked to see that, anyways im grateful for it!! i may not update on monday or Wednesday as fast, but I will try ♡ hope u enjoy!
(edited on april 18th, 2024)