Chapter 3.5

before you read this, it's not proofread and it is a much shorter like extremely short chapter considering it is only half a chapter (since it's 3.5). i only added this so that i could continue the last chapter without it being way too long but also so that i wouldn't have to make a new chapter about it (like chapter 4) so this is chapter 3.5 and it might be a bit confusing when you read it, so if it is, I recommend you reread chapter 3 (or read chapter 3 if you just skipped the others for some reason), now enjoy the half-chapter(?)!

☆☆☆☆☆

as the two exited the elevator and headed towards minhos office, jisung couldn't stop thinking of the event that had just happened. he wanted to speak up about it, but was hesitant.

"mr. lee.. about earlier" jisung began awkwardly "why did you act that way?" he asked the red headed man.

jisung noticed how minho looked back at him for a second before the ceo turned back to unlock his office. "it's nothing." he replied nonchalantly

jisung couldn't shake off the feeling that there was more to it than what minho was telling him. as they entered the office, the air started to get filled with tension, increasing with each step the two took into the office. jisung couldn't hold back anymore.

"are you sure mr. lee?" he asked while perking up an eyebrow to the other

minho suddenly stopped walking and turned to face jisung with a cold look in his eyes. "mr. han, stop getting distracted. we need to get work done." he replied sharply in a tone that slightly put jisung off. he was being nice before, why is he suddenly not?

jisung was confused, but he decided to go along with minho. "okay, i'm sorry. we should get to work." he suggested in a monotone.

minho turned back around and went over to his desk, jisung following. he sat down in the chair and waved his hand to tell jisung to look at the screen. he opened his laptop to show the shorter one what he was missing out while he was showing what he was taught by minho. "look mr. han, these materials are very important when it comes to your projects. you have to understand them to successfully finish a project."

jisung leaned in closer to the screen, as he did that, minho turned to face him. he almost flinched from how close the two were, but he told himself to remain professional in his head. he steadied himself as he turned back to the screen to continue showing jisung the materials of work he missed

as they worked side by side, minho found himself nitpicking at jisung more often and instead of complimenting him when he did something right, he wouldn't say anything and just move on

of course, jisung didn't like that. but he chose not to say anything about it and act like nothing was happening.

while this continued, jisung couldn't keep himself contained anymore. he just snapped.

"why are you just pointing out my flaws?" jisungs voice was trembling "i've been able to learn things and do them correctly, so why don't you focus on that instead? it's really bothering me, and if you don't like what i do then why am i even here with you."

the sudden outburst had definitely left the ceo in shock. his eyes widening as he was currently being yelled at by one of his own employees. minho would not have just sat and let this happen, but he did think about it after jisung finished, and he had realized how hard he was being on the man.

but his pride was too much. he refused to apologize or comfort him about the matter, so he decided to just stand up and leave.

"that's enough for today, jisung. i think it's time you can go home." minho stated emotionlessly, and he quickly picked his things up and left, not wanting anymore interactions with the curly haired man.

jisung sat there, furious, watching minho just get up and leave so suddenly. he just went through all that risk to complain about minhos behavior to his face, just to be met with him disregarding it and leaving.

before he knew it, jisung was up and following minho, quickening his pace towards the ceo. "mr. lee." jisung put his hand on the others arm to stop him from going further.

minho abruptly stopped the moment jisung put his hands on him. he turned around slowly to be met with the sight of jisung overflowing with anger

"what are you doing, jisung?" minho asked, very surprised as he stared at the younger one.

"are you really just going to ignore me like that? i believe i took some critical thinking before saying that to you, considering you are the ceo. you are just going to ignore it? why didn't you do anything, like fire me, or suspend me?" jisung demanded an answer from the other, slowly pulling him closer by the arm without realizing.

at this point, other workers that were on the same floor were starting to stare at the scene. neither of them bothered to think about it, rather choosing to focus on each other than everyone else.

"jisung, i heard you. i was just shocked. i don't know why you are so adamant on getting an answer from me. i believe terminating you completely or even suspending you is unnecessary. now, if you are done with your little temper tantrum, i will take my leave. goodbye, mr. han. you are expected in my office again tomorrow strictly by 9:30." minho snapped back at jisung, with even less emotion than he had before if he even had any. all he wanted to do was leave the building and sleep

jisung stood there as minho left. his expression was completely unreadable the moment he turned around. jisung did not expect this from minho, especially since he was just nice before and then suddenly had a switch up, which made jisung question the previous interactions he has had with minho

it was only now that jisung noticed all the people staring, and the only thing he could do was let out a loud noise of anger, one that doesn't normally come from a human

jisung finally understood why everyone resented minho, and he was just another person to join the hatred towards the ceo

his jaw clenched hard, and he silently vowed to himself that he would not let minho have his way when it came to this. he went to leave the building and go home. after everything that has happened, all jisung needs is a nice shower and a nice nap.