MANIC MONDAY ON A FRIDAY

Another day in school. Damien didn’t attend class today, I didn’t see him at school. I tried to call his phone but he’s not answering my calls. We had a vacant subject so I went out to catch some fresh air.
   It’s 9:05 in the morning I was sitting under a tree while listening to my favorite music. I could see the falling leaves as I was looking up at the clear blue sky. I was about to look around when someone covered my eyes ‘Guess who’ I heard him whisper in my left ear ‘Damien?’ I said. He removed his hand from my eyes and I was greeted with a two colored tulip ‘what’s this?’ I asked ‘A flower.’ As he said those words he giggled.
   I looked at him giving him a glare. He stopped laughing and said ‘I’m sorry, Ahm this is me saying thank you’ I looked around and saw Brianna sitting at the table with her friends I know that this was another act for him to make Brianna jealous so I turned back to Damien ‘Thank you for what?’ I asked ‘For – everything Emma’ He replied while handing me the tulip. I could see his eyes shine as he was saying those words, smiling his way into my heart. ‘Well, Ahm your welcome. I mean that’s what friends are for right?’ I replied as I looked at Brianna I saw that she was looking at us then she said something to her friends and was about to come to us.
    She stood in front of us and said ‘Hi Damien!’ she said as she made a cute wave to him and suddenly looked at me and said ‘Ahm, who is this freak? She your new girlfriend’ undeniably insulting me as if she was the most perfect girl in school ‘She’s my friend and she is not a freak Brianna. Her name is Emma’ Damien didn’t hesitate to defend me from his ex – girlfriend ‘Oh okay good, Ahm Damien can we talk?’ She asked. Damien looked at me and turned his attention back to Brianna ‘okay what do you want to talk about?’ He said ‘Ahm I mean just the two of us’ I could see her eyes looking at me as if she was planning to do something bad to me. ‘Well, I’ll leave you two to talk I’ll just go back to class. See you Damien’ I stood up and walked away leaving Damien and Brianna to talk.

    I waited for Damien in class but he didn’t show up. What could have made him skip class? It’s not time for his dance class or anything. I could feel that something is wrong, that something bad had happened to him. Our class was then dismissed and it was lunch time and still no sign of Damien anywhere. I tried calling his phone but he wasn’t answering. I spent the rest of the day at school alone with no one to talk to. As I was about to go home I got a phone call from an unknown number I answered it and rushed to the hospital.
    Damien’s uncle called me saying that he was rushed to the emergency room early this morning because he was found at the side of the school passed out and wounded, Saying ‘the moment he woke up you were the first one he said to call.’ I got scared, I called my dad to let him know that I was at the hospital saying something bad had happened to Damien and he said that he’d be on his way. As I arrived I went straight to the emergency room and found Damien severely wounded. His left arm had a cast and he had a bandage on his head that was absorbing his blood. I saw his uncle and asked ‘What happened to him?’ ‘Nobody knows what really happened to him the doctor said that he is still in a partial shook from the incident and he can’t say much’ He replied.
   I sat at the side of his bed and spoke to him ‘Who did this to you?’ but he just keeps on mumbling words that I can’t understand. Moments passed and the doctor came in saying ‘Mr. Gill, Your nephew lost a lot of blood because of his deep wound on his side. He would need a blood donor for him to recover and we need to do it as soon as possible or else he wouldn’t make it. Is there anyone in the family who has his blood type? ’ Mr. Gill sat in misfortune because he said that his dad was the only one who has his blood type and we don’t know where he is. ‘Well we will have a problem with this, we need it right away’ the doctor uttered.
   I know that if we don’t find a donor he would be gone from us and I don’t want that to happen. Damien took my hand and was trying to tell me something but I didn’t understand him. ‘It’s okay we’ll find you a blood donor. We promise’ I said while looking at him and his uncle. ‘Well I’ll leave you for now, It would be good if Damien could get some rest’ the doctor left us and moments later my dad came ‘What happened to him?’ He asked ‘We still don’t know dad, Damien has trouble speaking about what happened.’ I said with sadness in my eyes. ‘The doctor said he needs to find a blood donor or else he’d…’ I couldn’t bear to say what would happen if we couldn’t find a donor.
   I shed a tear as I said those words. Mr. Gill then turned around and the moment he saw my father he said with disbelief ‘Stan? Stan Cambrook? This is amazing I’ve been – ’ My dad approached him and said ‘Can we take this outside?’ they then went outside and I could see them hugging each other. I could sense that there is something wrong I was about to go outside to know what they were talking about but then ...

   AHHH!

   Damien felt a sudden pain so I called a nurse to give him some pain killers he was admitted to his room because the doctor said that he can’t go home in his condition and that they still need to check him from time to time. We waited for a few minutes for the pain killers to take effect while I was at his side the whole time looking at his poor state then Dad and Mr. Gill went in. Mr. Gill thanked me for coming ‘He really wanted you to come. I don’t know why but he would keep on saying your name over and over the moment he woke up. You’re a really good friend Emma.’ I smiled at him and looked at Damien ‘I just hope that he’ll be okay right away’ I said in a soft tone. I asked him were my dad went because I didn't see him anywhere after their conversation. 'He just had to buy something but he'll be back'. An hour has passed and I just found myself sleeping beside Damien's bed. I must have dosed off in the chair I was sitting in. Dad came through the door with Damien's uncle minutes later after I woke up.
‘Don’t worry he’ll be fine I’ll promise you that Emma we already found a donor, your dad helped me.’ He held my shoulder and looked at my father while saying those words. I jumped with excitement and relief. I asked my dad who the donor was ‘some friend I know’ he replied. I’m so happy that I hugged him tightly ‘Well Emma let’s go now it's getting late. We’ll check up on Damien tomorrow.’
   We said goodbye to the both of them and drove home. As I was sitting in the passenger seat I could see that dad’s eyes were kind of red so I asked him if he cried earlier. He said that he didn’t and that he was just tired. We arrived home and went out of the car. My dad went straight to the kitchen to heat up the food in the microwave ‘You go get some rest dad I can manage’ I said to my dad as I took the plate from his hand. He gave me a sweet smile and said ‘Okay sweetie, Goodnight’ He kissed me on the forehead then went upstairs. It was amazing how my dad is so nice to Damien he isn’t usually like this around other boys, that boy is really special. After washing the dishes I headed to my room and got some rest.