I WILL ALWAYS BE YOURS

The sun was shining, I could see its rays passing through the leaves of the tree -- as I closed my eyes I could feel the cool breeze touching my face the day was so beautiful and perfect; we should be happy but instead, tears filled our eyes as we mourn for a life that was lost. It’s hard to let go because we only just met, I thought we could share everything together; our secrets, our dreams and everything that is under the bright sun. I felt our connection when we first met each other and now all I can do is say my farewell and placed a white tulip on the coffin as it was being lowered down.    
    Realizing we will never see each other again, I looked around and saw Damien’s uncle crying and so did my dad and for the few little moments that we shared I managed to shed a tear then someone handed me a tissue - it was Damien. We held each other as we watch his grandmother get buried; we comforted each other.
    The drowning silence between us faded instantly when he uttered something out of the blue ‘I would have been with my grandmother’s if the truck driver didn’t hit the breaks in time’ I wiped my tears and punched his shoulder as I said ‘You literally scared us to death that day! Don’t ever do that again!’ ‘I won’t, I will never leave you. I still would have a couple of years before I go up there and if he decides to take me too early I’ll fight death -- just for you my love’ he replied while he was holding my hand. Uncle Dan called us out of the tent for us to finally release the balloons all together as a family. As uncle Dan was handing out the balloons he asked for Damien to give one to his dad, I could feel the awkward feelings between them ‘Here’s a balloon -- Dad’ they both smiled at each other with tears in their eyes and went in for an embrace. I could see how happy our dad was when he heard those words from his son. ‘my son’ dad exclaimed while sobbing his eyes out. 'I'm so sorry that I didn't hear you out first I was a jerk' dad placed his hands on Damien's shoulder and said 'No son, I'm the jerk here. You had every right to be mad at me because of what I did to you and your mom. How I'd wish to have done things differently but what's done is done. Now, the important thing is that we're together again. I promise I will make up for all the lost time with you.' Damien smiled in relief.

‘1 . . .2 . . .3 . . . let go’

    Having to see all of them float up in the sky I grieve for his lose but at the same time I rejoice for his third chance in life because I wouldn’t know what will happen to me if I lost him, if I could never hear his laugh or see his sweet smile ever again in my entire life. I just know that what we have right here, right now are the things that matter most. The people who leave us behind never really left because we still carry a part of them with us whether it be good or bad, a blessing or a lesson. They will still be alive in our hearts as we cherish the moments that we shared with them and if we can’t remember, just us knowing they were a part of our lives is enough. For my mom, wherever she is I just know that she is looking down at me with a smile on her face knowing that I’m safe and surrounded by people who loves me.

[ After 2 years . . .]

   ‘Come on Emma hurry up we’re gonna be late’ Damien shouted from the car while pointing at his wristwatch. I hurriedly ran to the car when I remembered I forgot my.. ‘your cap?’ dad walked out of the door and gave me my graduation cap ‘What would I do without you’ my dad paused and corrected ‘no, what would I do without you, without the both of you’ he smiled with tears in his eyes then asked us get closer fo him to take a picture well multiple pictures. As dad was taking pictures of us in different poses I talked to Damien about how I think he intentionally failed two classes just so we could graduate together. ‘I told you Miss Barren gave the lowest grade that I have to retake her class and you know I’m never good at calculus’
‘Okay, okay. What matters now is that we can get out of that damn school already’ I jokingly said. He wrapped his arm around my shoulder and whispered ‘don’t forget, if it weren’t for that damn school we never would have met each other’ I smiled and rubbed our nose to one another. ‘Worthy enough to make a grown man cry’ said my dad then uncle Dan handed him a tissue, he got so emotional that he blew on that like there was no tomorrow. Uncle Dan told us that we should get going or else we'll be late for the ceremony. ‘Me and your dad will catch up with you, he can’t go to your graduation looking like this’ said Uncle Dan.
I paused for a while to see dad’s eyes turn red by the second ‘Ah you’re right. Okay, see you there’ we waved goodbye to both of them. Damien started the engine and before we drove off he said ‘Love you pops, see you later’ and dad burst into tears again.

     As we were called on to the stage we could see both of them cheering in the crowd, they were so proud that we came this far and finished our education. Then when the ceremony was about to end Damien did the unexpected. The boy asked for the microphone and called my name asking me to come up to the stage with him. All of the sudden he got down on one knee and spoke through the microphone saying ‘Emma Verdana Cambrook would you make me the happiest man today and be my wife?’ then a huge banner went up in the crowd saying ‘Will you marry me ‘ and the ones holding it was our classmates I looked back at him and said ‘you really dragged our classmates into this?’ he just shrugged and said maybe he did drag them, after that I said yes. I was shocked when I saw confetti's everywhere, I looked at Damien with a squinting eye and he admitted that he might have dragged the whole school into it. The whole stadium cheered except some people. ‘All of this, just for you my love’ as we were staring at each others eye someone shouted through a megaphone. ‘OH JUST KISS ALREADY’ it was our dad, we smiled at him and we shared a kiss that we will never forget.
     I was engaged to the man that was true to his promise, a consistent, loving, caring and good looking man that is irreplaceable and I have got to say that I hit the jackpot.
     Damien handed me the microphone as we were about to sing our graduation song. I was the one in charge of the song while he took care of the steps. ‘After you Mrs. Baner’ Damien exclaimed. The master of ceremony filled the stadium with his voice as he said ‘To lead our song no other than our campus songbird Mrs. Emma Cambrook Baner’

Music! And 5,6,7,8!

   'Long live the walls we crashed through I had the time of my life! With you! Long, long live the walls we crash through how the kingdom light shined just for me and you! And I was screaming long live all the magic we made and bring on all the pretenders I’m not afraid! Singing long live all the mountains we moved I had the time of my life fighting dragons with you! Long, long live that look on your face and bring on all the pretenders! One day ... We will be remembered.'

As the music stopped all of the caps were thrown up in the air capturing a perfectly preserved moment for all of us.

   For months of planning we finally got to our wedding day, everyone of you made it here. The venue was perfect, the food, the music -- everything that I dreamed of for my wedding -- a wedding that any girl like me would have dreamed of. All of this was possible because of him and without him it wouldn’t even be complete. He’s my shelter every time it rains and I can say that I am very lucky to come upon a man like you.

   After my speech at our reception we went onto the dance floor for our first dance together as husband and wife when the band caught me off guard. They were playing a song and it has my name in it. The song was so beautiful. I could feel my eyes tearing up when Damien brought me closer to him and said ‘Dad requested for this song for us. He said that your mom wrote this even before she had you; It never got released in their album but dad had a copy. He said she would be day dreaming about what her daughter would become if she ever had one. . she wasn’t wrong if you’d ask me because you are amazing’ after hearing those words I leaned on his chest and told him how much I loved him and after all that happened to us, I was glad that faith was stuburn enough to force us two to be together no matter the situation may be.
   ‘I love you so much more Emma’
I closed my eyes as I imagined my mom singing the song for us on stage. How I'd wish she was here with us.

~ FIN ~