GETTING BETTER

So, welcome to my humble home. I got in and was amazed with his house it was so big and so bright. His uncle arrived and said to wait for the dinner to be served. A maid approached us and hugged Damien saying ‘Oh I’m so glad you’re okay sir. The house was so quiet without your loud music playing’ Damien hugged her back and said he was okay now, He introduced me to his maid. I was shocked of how she welcomed me. ‘Oh what a beautiful young girl. Sir! Is this your girlfriend?’ the maid asked Damien while touching my hair. ‘No Hilda she’s not. But she kinda looks like my girlfriend right?’ My eyes widen and I suddenly dropped his stuff on the floor, I immediately picked it up and Hilda helped me while saying ‘Oh please let me do you a makeover. I would really love to do your make up, It’s been months now that I never got to style a beautiful girl like you. Oh please let me. I was shocked on what she said ‘Ahm I’m not really into makeup’ I replied. I saw how she became sad the moment I said those words to her. I don’t want that to happen so ‘But, It wouldn’t hurt to try. Right?’ The maid jumped with exhilaration and asked me to follow her to her room. I stood by as Damien said ‘Don’t worry Hilda is a pro when it comes to makeovers’ then he gave me a wink. We had plenty of time because the cook was still preparing dinner.
   Minutes passed and it was all done. My hair was styled, I was wearing I light colored lipstick, I have foundation all over my face and a little blush. I was about to go down when the maid said ‘Oh no sweetie you can’t go dressed like that it will ruin the look. Wear this instead’ She gave me a Pleated Navy blue dress, It fits me perfectly.
   I went down with Hilda and found myself standing in the dining room with Mr. Gill and Damien staring at me. ‘Is it bad?’ I asked ‘No it isn’t. You look beautiful Emma’ said Mr. Gill. ‘You look like her mother’ a voice lingered in the hallway then I saw a stunningly dressed woman coming out the living room door. ‘why Damien aren’t you going to introduce me to this beautiful girl?’ she went up to Damien and fixed his hair. ‘what’s wrong with me, grandma I want you to meet my very good friend Emma’ his grandmother held out her hand to greet me ‘you look beautiful my child’ she uttered ‘you don’t look too good yourself, I love your dress’ I replied, as she heard my compliment she lit up like the sky on the fourth of july ‘No one appreciates my style around here, she’s a keeper!’ I was stunned as she said those words loudly she then welcomed me to their home and said that I was always free to come by anytime that I like. She excused herself and went to hilda and said in a lowered toned voice ‘I’m surprised she isn’t Damien’s girlfriend’ but I still heard it and giggled a little thinking what it would feel like to actually be his girlfriend. Suddenly Damien approached me. We were so close to each other that our nose would touch. He was looking at my face with his brown eye.
   ‘I love what you did Hilda you still got your touch’
    ‘Thank you sir’
   ‘But where did you get this dress’
   ‘Sir I’m sorry, it’s just I was looking through some of…’
   ‘No it’s okay. She looks perfect in it’
   Damien held my chin and said ‘You look lovely. As if you’re a real princess’ He took my hand and gave it a kiss.‘A woman shouldn’t look this beautiful and not be asked to a dance’ Damien asked Hilda to put on some music and we headed to the garden just outside the dining room. Mr. Gill, his grandma, their two cooks and the other maids watched us by the glass door.
   The music played [Enchanted] Damien took off his cast and moved his arm. ‘Damien put it back you need that’ I said. ‘It’s all better now, don’t worry.’
He grabbed my waist then held my hand and placed it on his shoulder. ‘But I don’t know how to dance’ I uttered. ‘Well do you know how to sway your body?’ He asked as he whispered in my ear ‘Ahm… Yeah’ he looked at me and smiled ‘Then you know how to dance. Just let the music take over and follow my lead. Don’t be afraid to fall, I’ll catch you.’ He said and gave me a wink.
   As we danced the night away. I could tell that everyone was staring at us, smiling. I didn’t know I could dance that well it was like we’ve mastered the steps in just one take. The music stopped and everyone applauded. We headed back to the dining room and I heard the other maid say ‘ I’ve never seen sir Damien so happy’ I looked at him and smiled.

Damien's POV
   As we were enjoying the food I could see how beautiful Emma was especially with her smile. She’s the most perfect girl that I had ever met. She has the characteristics that mom has. She’s fun, bubbly, kind, and she also mumbles from time to time.
   After finishing dinner Emma approached the cooks and complemented their dish. Yeah, she’s definitely just like my mom. She always compliments everyone who works here. She can bring joy to this house in just a single smile. I just wish she was here so she could have met Emma and know how they are a like. They could have got along very well, probably be best friends.

Emma’s POV
    Damien insisted for me to keep the dress that I was wearing. And walked me outside were his uncle was waiting in the car. ‘Thank you’ I uttered ‘Believe me I’m the one who should thank you for this beautiful evening that could never have happened if you weren't here’ Damien said as he gave me a kiss on the cheek and gave me a blue Tulip. I smiled at him and instantly turned around being dumbfounded by that unexpected kiss. As I was walking to the car I heard Damien say ‘Emma! Keep safe okay?’ ‘I will and you too, get well soonest.’ I smiled and went in the car. Mr. Gill got me home safe and sound, I said thank you for his kind gesture and said goodbye.
   I went up stairs and found dad sleeping in his room as I passed by. I saw his papers and laptop on his bed so I went in and tidied them up and placed a blanket on him. He looks so tiered after working all day. I headed to my room and got ready for bed.
   Thinking about all that happened earlier? it was all so magical.