WON'T BE ANYBODY AFTER YOU

Walkingthrough the hospital corridors, her attending nurse Gloria saw me and gave me asoft smile. she's been so supportive ever since I first came to see Rora here.She told me that aurora was asleep so I decided to sit on the chair outside ofher room and looked at the red roses in my hand, the first time I gave herflowers was the day I would never forget. I had always given her flowers forher birthday or just for fun but this was different. It was 2 years after wehad met which was also a week before I was done with my final year and I wasmentally freaking out because I was going to be studying in Queenstown whileRora would be all alone next year and even though every time we talked aboutit, she replied that she would be fine. I could see the uncertainty in hereyes, she was scared and so was I, so I needed to do something that would takethe uncertain look out of her eyes or I would be worried sick about herthroughout the whole time that we were apart. I asked her friends to keep herbusy for a couple of hours after school while the boys and I got to work on mybig surprise. At first, I didn't know what to do as this was the first timethat I planned something for anyone so I wanted it to be perfect. I gave eachof my friends a task and a time limit for it. Brandon was in charge of theflowers, Mel was in charge of the music and Riley was in charge of the hallway.We rushed to do this as soon as school ended and just made it in time for Rora.The girls had taken Rora to go see a movie and when they were done I told themto bring her back to the school. I gave them the go-ahead as soon as theyarrived and they brought her inside the school. Riley had lit candle lanternsfrom the entrance leading into the school, I must say he really did an amazingjob on it. As they walked inside the song 'now that we're together by all 4 oneplayed through the candle-lit hallway. I knew this song would catch herattention as it was her favorite song, she enjoyed listening to old music so Iknew she would love it. I was watching her through the cameras as she walkeddown the corridor, her smile was as bright as all the lit candles put together.She followed the candles all the way to the field and was confused to find itpitch black, two seconds later the field was lit up by lanterns. she becameteary at the sight. On the field was a huge heart made out of white and redroses with me standing in the middle, I called her to the field but due to hershocked state, she needed some help getting down. I couldn't stop the big smilefrom appearing on my face as I watched the woman I fell in love with a walktowards me, when we were both facing each other I took her hand and kissed itso she wouldn't be so nervous, it felt like just the two of us was standingthere with the music playing in the background. I admit I was nervous because Ihadn't done much for this angel in the last 2 years that I've known her and wasgenuinely scared of her answer. I got down on one knee and confessed that shemeant the world to me and that I would be completely lost without her in mylife, there wasn't going to be anybody after her. I promised her that I wouldlove her until my last breath then I asked her if she'd do me the honor ofbeing her boyfriend I had already gotten her parents' permission with a lot ofconvincing, all I needed now was for her to say yes. She looked at me withtears in her eyes and slowly nodded her head, she then gave me a big smile andhugged me. That was the happiest day of my life when she truly became mine, Ispent my remaining days with her because I knew I was going to miss her so muchthe next year. We spent days doing all kinds of fun activities like once wewent fishing, it was a very amusing experience because Aurora did not know howto fish and I tried to teach her as best as I could but she would easily forgetwhat I taught her and do it the wrong way. She even fell into the water tryingto reel the fish in and got mad at me because I laughed at her but she couldn'tstay mad for long, overall it was a great day and a beautiful memory that Iwill always cherish. Once we went to the carnival with all our friends, we wenton many rides and ate lots of candy floss as that was her favorite snack atcarnivals. There was one ride that we were all saving for last and it was thedeath rollercoaster as they called it, as soon as Aurora saw where we wereheading she became excited but I on the other hand was very concerned for herbecause this ride looked terrifying and here was this little girl hoppingexcitedly to it. I didn't know if I should've been amused or worried but Let'sjust say that she will not be going on that ride ever again. Once she got offthe rollercoaster, her throat was sore from all that screaming and she felt sosick that I had to carry her to the car on my back. On the way home I boughther ice cream knowing that it would make her smile again and I was right, assoon as she saw the ice cream shop her eyes lit up and there was a big smile onher face. It shocks me to this day that even though these events happened yearsago, I still can't forget all those memories we made, her laugh and even hersmile it's vividly printed in my mind so clearly as if we did all those thingsyesterday. I love her smile. it is her best feature to me and I made it mylife's mission to always make her smile. Whenever we went out anywhere shewould always smile at random people and greet them, especially old couples andchildren and I would feel jealous because as soon as she smiled at someone theyinstantly fell in love with her smile and her personality. Rora is shy to talkin front of people but she was an absolute sweetheart when people came up totalk to her. she never made people feel left out and was always kind to anyoneshe met. Our favorite place to go after school was the park as she enjoyedwatching old couples at the park, she would tell me that one day that would beus, two old people walking hand in hand around the park. We would sit on abench and feed the birds like they do in movies. I often teased her saying whenshe gets old that I would have to push her in a wheelchair everywhere, shewould get mad but it only lasted for a few minutes. I would buy her favoriteice cream just to see her smile again, her smile was and will always be thebest part of my day.