'PARA MI AMORE' BOOKSTORE

I felt her stir in her sleep and looked at the clock, she would be waking up soon so I had to get my story straight. My eyes moved to the books which reminded me of something I could talk to her about. It was a bookstore that I had built for her in case she ever came back to me. It looked similar to the one in beauty and the beast, I knew she would love it. if one day she came into the shop; she would know it was for her. There were portraits that I drew of her when she wasn't looking, they were hanging all around the shop. There were portraits of solos also around the shop. I knew she would love it because the bookstore was something straight out of a fantasy. It was like just yesterday when I passed this store with a sign 'for sale' hanging on the door, something about this place felt familiar so I went inside and looked around the shop. The owners of the shop were an old couple and they were selling the shop because they wanted to retire and live in the countryside. Looking at them reminded me of my promise to grow old with Rora and it made me a little bit emotional. The old lady whose name was grace hugged me and said that the shop is all mine when I asked for the price the old man laughed and said I could keep it because I reminded him of himself when he was young and in love. I was shocked and couldn't hold it in, I cried while the old lady hugged me and rubbed my back comfortingly. I asked how did they know I was in love, they looked at each other with soft gazes and said with a smile once you've loved someone as long as they did you could spot a person who's in love. The old couple was amazing they even helped me prepare the bookstore, they never had children because grace was infertile but they had prayed God would send them a son, and then I walked into their shop literally. Once we were done with the interior and started decorating the place, that was the first time they had seen the portrait of Rora. Grace burst into tears when she had seen the one with Rora and solo. She was sitting under the tree with solo in her hands and she has smiling and staring into the distance. This was my favorite portrait because it had the two loves of my life in it. Once we had done all the sorting and decorating of the shop, it was time to open. We became very busy from the start, people from everywhere came to 'Para Mi Amor bookstore' which meant in English 'for my love'. On days when I felt alone in the house, I would come and sit here, I had a little corner just for me next to the picture of Solo and her. It had a little table that faced the window and on the table was the plant we got for our first date. I kept it next to the pot that we made in our couple's pottery class. I would always tell my parents stories about her and all that we did when we were younger and they would tell me all their stories of how they met and how they fell in love. Whenever I looked at them, it made me crave love like theirs it was so pure and real that at times I was jealous of them but I knew my time would come. It came sooner than I thought.