"HELLO AGAIN"

Iremember the first time I came to the hospital it was quite scary as I didn'tknow anything about this place and what kind of people were in this hospital. Ihad booked the first flight I could as soon as aurora's parents had given methe address. The place was unlike any hospital I've been in the building itselfwas like a huge estate with many different mini houses; it was in thecountryside with lots of nature surrounding it. The place itself gave me apeaceful and homey feeling, I guess it was all the flowers that wereeverywhere. As I drove inside I thought that it all made sense that day whenshe called me by my name it was because she didn't know who I was at thatmoment, why didn't I notice the signs earlier maybe then I could've helped heror at least tried. I drove up to the hospital and looked at the name, it wascalled 'Before I forget' , a strange name for a hospital I thought as I parkedmy car and walked inside. I saw a lady by the reception desk and told her thatI was there to see Aurora Charles, she was skeptical at first but led me to myaurora's room after a lot of persuasions. She told me that she was theattending nurse for Aurora and she was surprised as I'm the first visitor shehas ever had since she's been here. I was confused because I thought herparents came to visit her but didn't comment on that as I was so excited to seeher that I could just run ahead and pull her into a bone-crushing hug, we cameto her room and before I walked in her nurse had told me to be patient with heras she is fragile. I walked in and I nearly broke down when I saw her, shelooked exactly like the last time I had seen her only this time she had bagsunder her eyes and she looked thinner than when I last saw her but she wasstill beautiful as ever, she gave me a shy smile and mumbled a hello it waslike we were meeting each other for the first time, she tilted her head inconfusion and quietly asked the nurse who I was. The nurse told her that I washer friend and left us to talk. I gave her a smile and asked her how she wasfeeling, she didn't speak much and just stared with a curious look as I spokeabout all that has happened to me these past years until I told her about abook I was writing and that got a reaction from her as she used to love readingbooks when we were in school, we spoke for hours and asked each other questionsas if we just met each other little did I know that for her we were. We talkedabout her most and I got to see that beautiful bright smile once again. When itwas time to leave she was very sad but I told her that I was going to come backtomorrow, the nurse had a sad look as she walked me out of aurora's room butnever said a word. She left me by my car and ran back into the building withouta word. As I drove home I had a permanent smile on my face, I was so happy thatI finally had my angel back with me that I couldn't control myself. The nextday just couldn't come any faster, I was so excited to see aurora I left homeand went to the nearest flower shop and bought her a huge bouquet of herfavorite flowers. I drove to the hospital in a haste and quickly walked to thereception, the same nurse was there and looked at me with pity. I dismissed thelook because all I could think of was seeing Aurora. She said I could go to herbut I must be gentle as she just woke up, I walked towards her room excitedlybut couldn't help but feel uneasy as if something was going to happen when Iwalked inside yet I brushed off those feelings when I came to the door. Thereshe was standing by the window looking beautiful as ever listening to music, Iwalked towards her and hugged her from behind without thinking, she jumped outof my embrace and looked shocked, she asked who I was and why did I hug her. Iwas very confused at first and thought she was joking so I walked towards herand gave her the flowers and said how could she forget me after all we didyesterday. She looked at me as if I was mad and said she didn't know who I wasand then started screaming for the nurse. I tried to calm her down but itseemed to make it worse as she started crying saying she didn't know me andthat I needed to leave. I couldn't move as I looked at her genuinely scaredface, she really didn't remember me but how was that possible? Her attendingnurse ran in and saw what was happening she immediately sedated a terrifiedaurora and put her on the bed, she looked at me as if she already knew what hadhappened.