CAN I TAKE YOU SOMEWHERE SPECIAL?

The weather today was dull and rainy but thatdidn't stop me from going to see Rora. as I was walking through the house, Inoticed my guitar needed its strings to be changed so I took it with me. I hadleft the house quickly and stopped at the music shop to get it changed thenwent to the flower shop to get some yellow roses for Rora. I drove to thehospital with a smile on my face, when I walked in the nurses had sad looks ontheir faces. Rora's nurse walked over to me and told me that last night Roracame down with a really bad cold and that she wouldn't be able to get out ofbed or do anything today. I became really worried so I asked if I could see toher today, at first they were hesitant but then agreed. I walked into her roomand saw one of the nurses feeding her porridge, she saw me and waved me overthen gave me the bowl of porridge to carry on feeding her. Rora was confused atfirst until I told her I was going to be her new nurse for today, she wasskeptical and said I didn't look like a nurse but then i promised her that I amnot a serial killer which made her laugh. I fed her porridge and made sure shetook her meds, I made sure to put a wet facecloth on her forehead to subsidethe fever. This went on for the rest of the day, we would play fight when shedidn't want to take her meds and I would pout just to make her laugh then shewould take it with no complaints. I read her a book from my collection whichshe enjoyed then She became really restless towards the end of the day and Ihad a great idea. I had asked her if she wanted to hear a song that I sang forsomeone special when they were sick, she became really interested and agreed. Iran to my car and brought back my guitar and made sure she was comfortable. Ibegan to sing as she yawned and snuggled into her pillows. You Are My SunshineMy only sunshine. You make me happy When skies are grey. You'll never know,dear, How much I love you. Please don't take my sunshine away She became tosway her head as she listened to the song, many nurses stopped by the room whenthey heard singing. They began to hum in the background and it gave off apeaceful atmosphere to the room which calmed Rora down. The other night, dear,As I lay sleeping I dreamed I held you in my arms. When I awoke, dear, I wasmistaken And I hung my head and cried. Her eyes slowly closed as I began tosing softly the last verse. You are my sunshine, My only sunshine. You make mehappy When skies are grey. You'll never know, dear, How much I love you. Pleasedon't take my sunshine away. I whispered the last line into her ear and sheslept soundly with a smile of content. I stayed with her to make sure she wasokay but ended up falling asleep on the couch in her room. Rora's nurse woke meup early and was shocked that I didn't leave last night. She then went andchecked Rora's fever which came down and she was going to be okay. I had askedif Rora could leave the hospital for a day, she was shocked as Nobody takespatients out once they are in the hospital. She said yes but in cases likeRora's she needed her nurse to go with. I saw Rora stirring from her sleep so Iwent to wait outside as they got her ready for the day. I walked in and greetedher with a smile and again introduced myself as her friend. We talked about howshe was feeling and then I brought it up. I asked her if she would like to gosomewhere special, I told her it's a place that I wanted to take her ever sinceI met her. she was confused since we just met in her mind but agreed to go, hernurse put her shoes on and then brought her to my car. I helped Rora and thenurse into the backseat then got in myself. We drove for about 15 minutes thenwe arrived at my house, they were in awe at how big the land was. I helped themout the car and showed them around the house, Rora loved the house and wasamazed by everything. I led them through the field of flowers and we stopped bythe big tree, she looked at the little grave stone and ran her fingers over theheadstone. She put her hands on a spot of the tree and rubbed it lightly, I wasshocked to the core. The nurse looked at me and saw I had tears in my tears butwhat she didn't know was that spot was where we wrote our names many years ago.I quickly wiped my eyes and gave her a soft smile as I bent down to solo. Iintroduced her to Solo and she patted the headstone and placed a kiss on it.She leaned close to the tombstone and whispered "good boy Solo". It was aphrase she would always say to him when he was alive, I was overwhelmed withemotions because to see them both reunited in our home is something I'vedreamed about for a long time and finally it has come true. They were ready toleave but I told them I wanted to take them one more place before we go back.We arrived at the second place I've wanted to bring her, the bookshop. Roralooked at the name and asked what it meant, I told her it meant 'for my love'for someone I love. She walked in and gasped at the inside, she began lookingat all the books then I introduced her to my parents. They were really happy tomeet her; my mum had tears in her eyes when she saw us together. We took apicture together which I had to bribe with many books, she walked up the stairsand stopped when she saw the portrait of her and solo. She had tears in her eyesand then looked at the table which had the pot we made and the plant we bought.She studied them intensely with tears running down her face, she turned to meand asked who exactly was I. I gave her a sad smile and looked out the window"you don't know who I am nor will you ever, I am just a man who stood in frontof you many years ago and promised to love you until my last breath" she wasspeechless and turned to look at the painting. Her body began to sway and shestarted falling but I caught her in time, I guess it was too much for her. Icarried her downstairs and her nurse checked and said that today was a littletoo much for her. I put her inside the car and helped her nurse in then drovethem back to the hospital.