Prologue

Prologue:

I'm aware that I'm distinct from my own peer. Ever since realization hit me my view in life changed. Thanks to my best friend who is always by my side and even if she's aware that I'm keeping secrets from her, she's trying to understand me. I can't tell her the truth though because it's about her.

I really can't accept the fact, at first, that it was her who made me realize about my orientation.

"Claud! Basahin mo'to ang ganda ng plot!"

Just hearing her voice lit my day up and feel her presence made me at peace. Nakakatakot na maramdaman ang mga ito sa kaibigan mo dahil hindi mawala-wala ang ideya sa isipan ko na kapag nalaman niya ang nararamdaman ko ay pandidirihan na niya ako.

"Claud, crush ko si Tristan."

Everytime she shares her secrets with me about her crushes it breaks my heart. I wish it was me. I wish I'm a guy like Tristan. Sa mundo na ginagalawan namin ay isang kasalanan ang magkagusto sa kauri mo at marami ring mga mapanghusgang mata sa paligid. I hate that I want to be what she wanted because I know there's no way she wants me the way I wanted her.

"Uunahin kita kaysa sa kanila, kahit pa crush na crush ko pa 'yon. Mas mahal kita kaysa sa kanila no?!"

I wish that love you feel is the same as what I felt for you. If I could just change everything I would gladly choose to be someone you can capably in love with.

I force myself to be satisfied of just holding and hugging you without you finding the real reason. But the more I feel the warmth of your skin, I can't hold myself of wanting more, to feel more. It's scary. Too scary to let that feeling overthrow me. But everytime I put distance between us you made ways to came close.

I don't know what should I do about this unrequited love. I don't know, August.

Of all the people I've meet in my life, it happens to be you that I like. My best friend happens to be the girl I like.

Claudelle Tuliao