Chapter Three: Morning Rush

"Pardon?" Robin asks, sitting up besides me. I look to him and sigh, running a hand through my hair.

"I have to leave. I'm late." Without further explanation, I got up and started towards the second floor. I found the first dress in the closet and pulled shoes on, gently swiping on some sort of acceptable makeup.

After pulling on black heels, I slid downstairs and into the kitchen. Robin sat with two cups of to-go coffee with a large smile on his face.

"Oh you're a saint." I whisper, taking a sip from my mug. Robin chuckled and kissed me, holding me in place. "Are we still on for tonight?" My voice became even smaller after I backed up a bit.

"Of course. I'll be home as soon as possible okay?" Robin tossed me my keys and winked. "See you soon, my dear."

***

The drive to Ava's wasn't too terribly bad. Traffic at lunch hour was a bit unnerving but I could manage.

I was happily greeted at the door by my little girl already dressed. She held me close around my waist and I didn't hesitate to scoop her up in my arms.

"You smell like Robin." Mary says happily, swinging her legs. I laugh and plant a kiss on her forehead.

Before I could reply, Ava appeared in her pajamas. "Hey there." Her voice was rough and groggy.

"Did you two have fun?" I ask, taking Mary's bag from the stairs.

Mary nodded and rested her head on my shoulder. "Yeah mommy." She whispered, stroking my hair like she always did.

After staying and chatting for just a bit longer, Mary and I left Ava's house. We took a trip to the park and then swung by my office to file a few papers before finally heading to Robin's.

He had a matinée to perform at before coming back home. I offered to stop by before hand and cook dinner for all of us. Then Mary would choose a movie and we'd watch it until the end, even after Mary had drifted off. Robin and I would say our goodbyes and make a bit of small talk to stall me from leaving. And finally, I'd heave Mary back home where we'd both collapse on the bed and sleep.

This was protocol for every dinner and movie date the three of us had been on. And I was happy to recite it as many times as was allowed. Which, for our sake, I'm hoping is forever.

Because Robin was right, having a steady relationship with someone makes a person a whole lot happier. And that's what I was.

Happier.

A/N: hey guys! This was kind of a filler chapter. By the time you're reading this, I'll be on vacation so I'm trying to get as many chapters written before I go. I'm so excited to be writing a sequel and in the chapters later to come, I think you'll really like what happens. Please leave your opinions in the comments, I love reading and replying to them! Thanks so much.