Chapter Eleven: What Could Have Been

Hey guys please read down below after this chapter! It's very important! Thanks!

Lips met my forehead and hands settled on my waist. "Regina? Are you alright?" Robin whispers, pulling me to the side. A small smile crept up on my face. Warmth started in the pit of my stomach and bloomed outwards.

"Yeah." I whisper, my hands squeezing Robin's arms. "Im just really happy." I whisper.

The Locksley family was perfect. Siblings who were there for each other and a loving mother. This was the first time I had been in a situation like this and I loved it

Robin chuckled and kissed my head again. "What did mother want?" He asks, moving to grab plates from the counter.

"She has Roland with him?" I question. "Who's that?"

At the mention of the name Roland, Robin's face lit up. A huge goofy grin occupied Robin's face, making me giggle. "My nephew. John and Marian's son. He's just turned one and is possibly the cutest thing on this earth. And the smartest. He's started repeating words already."

A pang of sadness and pure joy mixed in my heart. Hearing Robin talk about Roland brought me such joy. The happiness he showed from thinking about Roland made me feel good. But I also was reminded of my incapability to ever have a child of my own.

"What about him?" My eyes flicked up to meet Robin's.

"Oh. She suggested we get a bowl of fruit for him. To keep him busy so that we can help unload." I explain, rubbing Robin's chest slightly. He nods in agreement and I let my lips barely brush against his. "I'm going to go prepare Mary's plate okay?"

I slipped away from robin and sat beside my daughter. "Okay sweet pea. What would you like to eat?"

The gravel outside crackled and popped as a car pulled up in the driveway. Everyone's attention turned to the door in anticipation. Zelena wiped her hands on the apron she was wearing and carried a small bowl of fruit to the table. All three of the men stood and made their way to the front door as the sound of a car door being shut made its way to the house.

Mary looked up at me, fork in mid air with a pile of strawberries barely balancing. "Mommy who is that?" She asks innocently. I stroked her hair gently, feeling her lean in to my touch.

"That's Robin's mommy." I state. "And she brought a baby." At the word 'baby', Mary lit up. She loved smaller children.

"She did?!" She squealed, letting her fruit spill back to the plate. I laughed and nodded.

"His name is Roland and he's one." Zelena appeared behind Mary, two hands on her shoulders. "He's very playful."

Mary smiled even more as the door opened. At first, no one could see who entered because all of the men in front of the door. A small squeal made everybody part a bit, bags now in the hands of Liz's sons. In the door, a tall woman with blonde flowing hair stood. A small little boy with a head full of brown curly hair clung to her side, balancing on one hip. Mary clung to me, nervous about the new woman in the room. It was a lot for her to handle with all these new people.

Liz looked directly at me and smiled. "You must be Regina!" She exclaims, making her way to the table. Giving Zelena a tight hug and kiss on the cheek, Liz turned to me. "It's very nice to meet you."

A smile blooms on my face as we shake hands. "And the same goes for you." I reply, holding Mary close. "This is my daughter, Mary." I look down as the little girl tries to hide behind my side. Reaching outwards, Zelena takes Roland and swirls him around which allows Liz to squat down a bit.