Chapter Nine: An Interview

After getting Mary up, it was sadly time for dinner. It was late, 8:00 or so, when we all retired to the living room. Robin's little brother Peter sat on the couch with Zelena and Will. Robin held Mary and I close on a little love seat across from the three others. The eldest in Zelena's side of the family, Tuck, was perched on a chair.

Mary laid in my lap, almost asleep. Robin kissed my head and stood up. Before I could say anything, he scooped up Mary and started towards the stairs. I turned, calling after him.

"What are you doing?" I call.

"Shh... You'll wake her." Robin winks. Seeing the worry in my eyes, he sighs. "My love, it will be okay. She'll be fine I promise."

I relax against the couch and turn back to everyone else. Robin's family was such a contrast from my own. They were kind and caring, unlike my own. And I loved it. I felt like I fit right back in.

"Regina." Will speaks up, leaning forwards. Zelena nursed a glass of white wine while the men had scotch neatly set on coasters. "Could we get you anything to drink?" He asks, holding out the bottle he was holding.

I quickly shook my head and raised a hand. "Oh no. I... I don't drink. But thank you." Zelena's eyes widened at my remark and I plunged into explanation. "It just hasn't shown good affects in my life. I don't want it to do the same to me, you know?"

Before anyone could respond, two strong hands settled on my shoulders. Robin leaned down and kissed my neck and jaw. I smiled softly and hummed. "Is she okay?" I ask. "Still asleep?"

Robin nodded and sat next to me, holding me close. "Yes. She's sound asleep. Didn't even ask for a story." I smile, snuggling into Robin's chest.

Will leaned forward and patted Zelena's leg. "Do you mind if I ask you a question?" He asks. I nod and lace my fingers through Robin's.

"Of course! Go ahead." I reply.

"Is Mary yours?" Will asks. Robin tenses a bit, squeezing my hand ever so slightly. But, unlike Robin, I had been prepared for this question. Seeing that it was the first time the Locksleys and I met, I knew that personal questions would be asked. I had already learned so much about Will, Zelena, Peter and Tuck that it was now my turn to share my life with them. And tomorrow when Robin's mother and brother John came, I'd do the same thing over again. Sure, the topic was sensitive but I wasn't going to hide it.

"Not on the way you would think." I reach out, placing a reassuring hand on Robin's chest. "I used to be her step mother and recently, her parents haven't been able to take care of her properly. So, speaking with her mother, I adopted Mary last winter." I explain. "That's why she's particular about calling Mommy. It was her idea, of course, but her mother is 'mama'." We had had a few incidents today with the confusion of the two names, leaving everyone in the Locksley a bit confused.

A small smile appears on Zelena's face as she listens to my explanation. "That is so sweet of you." She says. "I mean, you really are a good soul." I blush and lean back into Robin he kisses my head. "You're a lucky man, Robin." Zelena continues.

"Oh stop." I whisper, shaking my head. But as the night went on, the compliments didn't stop. It seemed like the night just continued to carry on and I never wanted it to stop.

Robin would sneak gentle kisses whenever he could and I finally felt like I fit in to a family. It may not have been mine but it was as close as I was going to get. I loved it.

Peter looked over at the clock on the mantle and set his glass down. "It's almost 2:00am. I'm heading to bed." He stands and bids everyone a good night. "It's been nice speaking with you, Regina." I nod and bid him a good night before watching Zelena and Will stand not much after.

"We should go too." I whisper, standing and nuzzling into Robin's chest. "Goodnight." I whisper, not wanting to let go. Robin held me tight, leaving little kisses all over my face.

"Sleep well, my love. I'll see you in the morning." He whispers before retreating to an extra room. I watch him walk until he's out of sight before turning to climb the stairs.

A/N: hey guys! I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Making Robin's family was sort of hard. I wanted to make it sort of a larger family for reasons you will soon find out but I wanted to make the characters just a bit different. Please leave your feedback and ideas below and stick around! Thanks!