Chapter Six: Family Needs

Forks scraped against bowls and plates. All of them except mine. I wasn't upset that Robin had a family gathering in a few weeks. I was actually happy he got to leave this tiny little town for a week or so. It got overwhelming here. But I was upset that he didn't tell me. And that this goddess of a woman just walked in and pranced around. She was perfect.

This was all silly. I shouldn't be jealous or upset. I was just overreacting. I needed to cool down.

"I'm sorry I didn't make more." I apologize, causing Zelena to look up from her wine glass.

"Oh no, don't be. It's delicious and just enough. Thank you for letting me join you." She says graciously before turning to Robin. "So when are you heading out?" She asks. "I was thinking maybe Thursday so that we could get there in the middle of things." Robin cleared his throat and grasped my hand under the table. Zelena caught on and shook her head. "Oh. Right. Sorry." She cleared her throat and bit her lip. "Mary, would you like to show me the loft? After we put our dishes up?"

I watched as Mary lead Zelena down the hall. Robin cupped my cheek and sighed. "Regina..." He whispered, looking into my eyes.

"Robin I'm not one of those crazy girlfriends. You know that. Go on Thursday. It's alright." I assure him, setting a gentle kiss on his cheek.

But Robin wasn't convinced. "My love..." The new nickname made my whole body glow with excitement. "My love, I just feel bad going."

"Why?" I ask, squeezing his hands. "Go be with your family for a week! That'll be so much fun." My voice was low. "Please go? I'm not upset." I stand and pull Robin with me. "You've gone before. What's different now?"

Robin swallowed and kissed me softly before grabbing our plates and walking to the sink. "Well, you're here. You and Mary."

I sigh, stacking plates in the sink. "It's like we're children and you'll get homesick." My hands plunge into the soapy water for the second time today as I begin to scrub dishes.

"What if I will? It's different now. I have a life here." Robin fires back, watching me carefully. We let the room fill with distant giggles and splashing water before Robin spoke again.

"Come with me. You and Mary. It's on a lake and it's very child friendly. You'd have fun. Please?"

A/N: hey guys! Sorry for the short chapter I'm on VACATION!!!! Hope you liked it and please leave comments! I love reading them.