Chapter Twelve: The News (Robin POV)

The dock creaked under my weight as I ran and jumped into the water. Plunging below the surface, warmth surrounded me as I sunk. I could hear the muffled sounds of my beautiful girlfriend and the rest of my family from under water as my arms propelled me upwards.

"... May not do that. Robin is a big boy." Regina explained from a float in the water. Mary stood sheepishly at the edge of the dock, grasping her life jacket. Liz sat on the dock swing with a sleeping Roland, covering him with a blanket. Zelena laid on a large float tied to the dock so she wouldn't float away as Peter and Will fished on the other side.

Reaching my little float, I pull myself up and turn to face the dock again. "Hey princess." I call to Mary. "Come jump out here, baby girl. I'll catch you." I open my arms out to her but get a cold stare from Regina. "Um... With your life jacket though." I correct myself. Mary fidgets a bit, chewing on her bottom lip.

When Regina and I had first started dating, she warned me about Mary's shyness. I understood that it would take a while for her to warm up to me. We had worked gradually on her being comfortable around me. And it was almost like she had a little switch inside her. Some days, Mary would snuggle right up against me but other days, she'd stick to Regina. It made me sick inside that I couldn't do better for her. She didn't deserve anything she had been through in her short time on earth.

"Mary, do you want me to come sit up there with you?" Regina asks, already slipping into the water. Her black hair fanned out around her, making her even more beautiful as she swam towards the dock. I ached to just be alone with her for a bit. To just hold her close and take in her beauty.

Mary nodded and shifted from foot to foot. "It's okay sweetie. You don't have to come in." Regina assured, climbing up to the dock.

Water slid down her body and dropped from her hair as she reached for a towel. Before she was even dry, Regina scooped her daughter up into her arms and sat on a lounge chair under the shade. There, she murmured softly to Mary as she stroked the young girl's hair.

I was proud to call her my girlfriend. She was a gorgeous woman but was oblivious to her beauty. Regina was a loyal and loving woman who I knew would always have my back. And on top of that, she was a wonderful mother. Not only was she great in handling her own child, but she was good with kids in general. Stretching from her work all the way to Roland today, she knew how to kindly handle children. I knew she was the one, I couldn't imagine living without both her and Mary. The time to tell her that just wasn't yet. It hadn't even been a year yet and we were taking it particularly slow, which I didn't mind.

Another hour or so passed before I dried off and headed to the house. Roland was now awake and playing with Mary in the shade. Liz sat with Regina, listening intently as the story of a childhood memory flowed into their conversation. Peter and Will we're still fishing and Zelena had made her way onto an actual lounge chair. But for me, it was time to head up.

My hands settled in Regina's shoulders, making her jump. I chuckle and pull her into a kiss, holding her close to me. She smiled and pulled back just a bit, allowing me to speak. "I'm going to go upstairs and start in dinner alright?"

Regina looked back at the two children playing with pool toys under the shade of an umbrella. "Okay." Her voice was soft as she spoke, her hand slipping into mine. "I'll stay for just a bit more. It's getting pretty late and I want Mary showered before we eat. We'll come up soon."

Another peck to her head before I squeezed Reginas hand. "Alright my love. I'll see you soon. Enjoy."With that, I started up the dock ramp and into the house.

Air Conditioning rushed into my face, driving a shiver down my back. I hummed happily as I made it into the bathroom. Deciding to take a quick shower before I got started, I slipped out of my bathing suit.

Then, after dressing in a pair of shorts and a worn shirt, I headed to the bedroom. I found it strange that Hohn and Marian hadn't arrived yet. They were both know for being late but they hadn't called yet.

As I reached for my phone, it began to ring. I picked it up and answered, waiting for the person on the other end to reply.

A/N/: hey guys! So who do you think was on the phone? Was it good or bad news? I guess you'll just have to stick around! I hope you're enjoying this book! Oh, and next chapter will be back in Regina's point of view...